6. Urgent ppt sending

After a while, the whole family was celebrating Gautam's success which soon ended, leading everyone in their respective rooms.

As Siddhant entered the room with Chavi, he stopped her in mid tracks by grabbing her elbow.

"What happened Chavi? You seemed quite..out of the place whole evening. Something wrong? You have some problem? You can share with me freely, you know." He said looking at her eyes, concerned.

And she would lie if she say she didn't felt those movie like butterflies in her tummies having his intence gaze on her.

"It's nothing Siddhant. Really. You should go and sleep now. I'm also sleepy. Good night." Saying this she went towards her side of the bed.

They had already changed into their night wears after the dinner. So they were already in their pjs ready to sleep.

"But Chavi-" he tried to negotiate until she said goodnight again, shutting him mid way.

He had no choice but to amend. And soon, he was in his wonderland besides his wife.

~•~•~•~•~•~

The next few days went on with the family spending time with Gautam. Everyone was happy and sad at the same time.

Happy for his success and sad that he'll be leaving the country in a few days.

And so was Chavi. She was feeling the same emotions for her brother in law who's more like a brother for her. But there's something eating her up from inside.

And she decided to ask it to her mother in law finally today.

"What if Sirat had to go to an unknown country in place of Gautam. Would you have allowed her, mummy?" She asked sitting near the jhula where her mother in law was sitting, reading a magazine.

"Ye kya bol rahi ho Chavi?" She asked Chavi with a raised brow and a smile.

She wasn't angry but amused by her question.

"I mean... Would you have minded if it was a girl in place of a boy going abroad from you family?" She asked while finding with her saree ka pallu.

No one asked her to wear a saree on regular basis. It's just her new found obsession with the Indian attire that she was sticking to since last one month.

"Arrey. What are you saying. Absolutely not. Ghar ki ladki Ghar ki izzat hoti hai. Use hum aise paraye desh nahi jaane denge. Hum toh use paraye sheher akele Naa Jane de." Aisha said in a strict tone.

And for the first time, Chavi felt scared of her mother in law.

"Chavi. Bacche Zara idhar aana." Arpan called Chavi before she could reply and she went towards her cousin father in law to see what he wants.

And in her mind, only one thing was playing.

So I was right.

~•~•~•~•~

"Okay boss. I'll send you the ppt right this moment.

Yupp. Thanks." Saying so, Siddhant ended the call with his boss cum best friend of six years, Mayank.

He was three years older than Siddhant and they met in the law firm six years back. He was practicing internship in the firm, while Mayank was already a stable lawyer there.

They soon developed a soft spot for each other, resulting in their non-breakable bond.

As Mayank had asked Siddhant for the ppt which he needs ASAP, Siddhant knows he can't wait until he reached the firm to give his boss the hardcopy.

So he decided to send the soft copy instead.

But the only problem was, his laptop has got viruses. And the anti virus software wala wasn't attending the phone. Since there are many secret documents in his laptop, he can't trust just any software person.

So he needs to wait till that specific software wala attends the call.

But sending ppt was urgent too.

Then it clicked him,

Chavi's laptop.

Yes.

She uses it daily to work from home. It means hers work fine. I can use her to send my ppt.

He decided to use his wife's laptop. But since she wasn't in room and he was in a hurry, he dialled her number instead of going and personally asking her for the favor.

But the ring, rang from their shared bed.

She left her phone in the bedroom! What am I supposed to do now? Just touch her lappy without her permission?

He was in a dilemma. Until he decided it was okay to touch his wife's personal laptop without her permission.

Wese bhi ek hi toh file hai. Ktna hi time lagega. And badme main e-mail se log out ho jaunga. Nahi pata chalega use.

Na uski koi file ya folder kholke dekhunga.

Deciding this in his mind, he worked on his thoughts and took her laptop on his legs while sitting on the sofa.

His ppt was in a pen drive and as soon as he attached it to her computer, it worked well.

Soon, the file was sent to Mayank, who in return promised to give him a half day.

Kaisa kanjoos boss Mila hai.

Thought Siddhant.

He was about to close the laptop until his gaze fell on a message popping in the down side of the screen.

He knew it was bad to peek, but he couldn't help. He was curious only about that specific message and couldn't keep his curiousity to himself.

So he decided to check the message.

🦋☆*: .。. ♡ .。.:*☆🦋