36. Messages and Video call

Call me whenever you are free.

Read the message from Lakshya to Chavi.

She frowned her eyebrows thinking why would he text her and not directly call? Shrugging her thoughts, she called him the next second.

"Hello panda." The voice she so missed from long greeted her years. She almost sigh in relief hearing her elder brother's voice.

"Hi bhai. How're you ?" She asked and got positive reply in return. Which she too returned once asked, gladly.

"Why would you message me instead of calling directly?" She frowned while questioning. Now standing near the coffee machine at her workplace, making a dark one for herself.

"Well what can I say? My sister is a busy person." A small ghost of a smile was present on both of theirs lips.

"Bullshit. As if for you all I ever am busy." She said and he let out a laugh at her response.

"Okay okay. Got it my Jhasi ki Rani. Ab lado mat." He said and she rolled her eyes while sipping on her now ready coffee.
(Queen of Jhasi. Now don't fight.)

"So the point is?" She asked coming to the point.

"Well...wanted to ask you something." Lakshya replied.

"What?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"When will your shift there end?" He asked and Chavi instantly panicked.

"Somthing happened?" She sensed something wrong in his voice.

"Oh God. No no. Nothing happened. I'm just asking since papa and mumma are missing you a lot. Just wanted to confirm your arrival is within two months or not. Don't you worry." He said and she heaved a sigh.

"One and a half month actually." She said and he hmmed.

"Even better." Came his reply then.

"You know, I also miss mumma and papa. Not only them but you and Sanya bhabhi too. And The whole Sharma family as well." She said and a nostalgic smile came on her face remembering the people she learned to love the most in just three months.

And him.

The one she fell for after staying miles away from him for last eight and a half months.

"I know. You soon will be here with us. And that's the bright side now." Lakshya said and an idea popped in her mind.

Why not surprise them?

"Sure." She said and they talked for a while before hanging up.

She could have told him about her one week arrival in India but she didn't.

She wanted to surprise them. And she was going to surprise them.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Haa badi maa. I am eating on time aap chinta Naa kare." Chavi whined on the video call like a kid while Amita kept on glaring at her.
On the other hand, Arpan and Aisha tried to surpass their laughter.
(Yes mom. I am eating on time, you don't worry about me.)

"How should I not worry haa? Have you seen yourself? Looks like you have lost one tonn or so." Amita scold her and Chavi gasped.

While Aisha and Arpan who couldn't hold anymore, ended up laughing now.

"Oh my God bhabhi. Chill. She isn't that thin." Aisha said and Chavi supported her mother in law.

Only for the both of them to got snapped by Amita.

"Shut up you both!"

Well...if there's anyone they are scared of, it def is Amita then.

The scary mama bear of the family.

One whom they love to infinity and vice versa.