5. Their lives

They say marriage is a bliss. They weren't wrong when they said so.

Because for Chavi and Siddhant, it was indeed a bliss.

They had gotten closer to each other. They shared more quality time and indulge in many innocent pranks against the youngsters of the house.

They were like best friends. In just three months of their marriage, they had developed this unusual understanding of each other & for each other.

"Chavi yarr, meri shirt kahaan hai?" The great Siddhant Sharma scream asked from his room. Chavi, who was in the dinning area could only groan as this was the fourth time he had called her upstairs today.
(Chavi, where's my shirt?)

While all other family members who were assembled at the dinning area just chuckled at the youngest couple's antics.

It was a daily drama in mornings for the family.

He would call her for minor things and she would groan and scold him for ten to fifteen minutes daily, only for him to ask her the same questions the next day again.

This cycle just goes on and on and on.

"Ab kya hai?" An angry Chavi with her hands on her waist and a nasty look entered their shared bedroom. Their stood her glorious husband in all his glory.
(What now?)

Half naked.

In short, just in his sweatpants. With wet hair which indicates he came out of shower just now and tiny water droplets on his broad chest, he looked majestic.

Chavi would have drooled over this devishly handsome homosapien in front of her, if not for him annoying the hell out of her.

"Wo main ye puch raha tha ki.." he turned his gaze towards Chavi and started to talk but was stopped in middle looking at the look in her eyes.
(I was asking that...)

She was looking SCARY.

Hot wala scary. He shaked his head in order to get his perverted thoughts in his reach and asked her while rubbing his neck.
(Scary but hot)

"Where's my...towel?" He felt damn guilty how he couldn't even remember such simple things. But then again, this angel in green saree had spoilt his habits.

"I didn't know you called shirt as towel." She clicked her tongue.

Who thought this tigress could ever spoil someone. But then again, that's the charm of marriage.

Which normal people call responsibilities.

"Ek kam kyu nahi karte. Ab kalse na mujhe salary dena shuru kar dein. Personal assistant jo banake rakha hai." She said and made her way towards the cupboard.
(Why don't you do a thing. Start giving me salary from tomorrow. You have made me your personal assistant.)

She was done with this man. There are his own parents who treat her like their daughter. Do not let her do any work unlike all those families who make their bahus do all the chores even after hiring tons of servants.

And then their's him, her own husband. Who had made her a freaking naukrani.
(Servant)

"Ye lijiye. Aur ab jaldi se taiyaar hokar neeche aaye. Or else you'll get late and will skip breakfast. Come down fast." Instructing to Siddhant strictly, Chavi was about to make her way downwards.
(Take this. And now come down fast after getting ready.)

But she felt a hand tugging on her left wrist.

"Kya hua hai?" Siddhant asked with a curious look in his eyes.
(What happened?)

Sure it was daily that he called her was his stuffs and things but she never looked THIS tired. Today, she was looking as if someone has bombarded her with thousand works.

"Nothing. Come down fast." She said and releasing her own wrist from his hand, made her way down.

Leaving Siddhant confused and completely consumed in her thoughts.

~•~•~•~•~

"Aaj meri taraf se sabko kulfi party." Gautam announced and the youngsters cheered while the elders looked at him questioningly.
(Today's an ice cream treat to all from me.)

"What happened? Found yourself a girlfriend?" Miheer asked.

"What Bhai. Why are you making fun of Gautam Bhai for something impossible? It's bad." Sirat replied on behalf of Gautam only to end up laughing along with Miheer and Siddhant.

They loved making fun of Gautam. In the Sharma household, Miheer was the craziest child, Sirat was the most hypocrite, Siddhant the strict one and Gautam was the most innocent and quite one.

Well, innocent only when compared to his other siblings.

"Arrey. Why are you guys making fun of him. Dekhlo, kulfi nahi milegi fir." Mr. Arpan Sharma, Siddhant's bade papa jumped in and fake scolded the siblings.
(See, you wouldn't get your ice cream then!)

While Gautam smiled at his father until Arpan spoke his further words.

"Aur wese bhi, what would you get stating the obvious?" Everyone ended up laughing at this and Gautam groaned. Even his own father was on the side of his cousins and younger brother rather than him.
(And nonetheless)

"Ho gaya aap sabka? Ab sun toh le Mera baccha kehna kya chahta hai?" Aisha, as always, defended her favourite bhatija from the teasings of the family.
(Done y'all? Now at least listen what my child has to say.)

"Thanks chachi." First Gautam thanked his chachi and flew a flying kiss at her, which she reciprocated lovingly.
(Aunt)

Then he continued, "So I was saying ke I am giving you guys kulfi party....because I have been selected in the scholar's exchange program which will be held next month, in Amsterdam." He said leaving everyone gasping.

"Only sixteen students across five countries have been selected, and I am one of them. Isn't it great?" He said and nervously looked at them.

Everyone knew how much efforts he had taken for this exchange program and now that he got this sweet result everyone was shocked. A good kind of shocked.

"Oh my God Gautam bachche. I am so proud of you dear." Saying this, Arpan first came and embraced his son in a hug. Indeed his eyes were filled with proud tears for his son's Achievement.

Then, everyone started doing so, being proud of their loved one. It was indeed a great achievement for them all.

But as the day ended, everyone was so happy, Siddhant realised something.

Chavi wasn't really happy. She's just acting to be happy and present here mentally. When in reality, she isn't. And he wondered why.

🦋☆*: .。. ♡ .。.:*☆🦋

Hey. Darling Distance is back in the making!

It was on hold for a while because I had to focus on the ending of my other book, AdaaIsha. Now that it has successfully ended, I'm back with this one❤️

Hope y'all are going to support it as much as my other books if not much.

Sending loads of love to y'all,
-Arya :)