33. Her thoughts are enough

"Hi. How're you!" Chavi's sweet voice and cute face bought a different kind of pleasantness into Siddhant.

"Hey. Am fine how're you?" He replied adjusting the screen of his laptop.

"Bored af. Like seriously, what are you supposed to do on a day when all your colleagues are partying at a water theme park and you are laying on your bed in pain." She sighed and his ears alerted.

"Is it still paining?" He asked. His eyes full of softness.

"I'm fine now. Don't you worry." She replied with a small smile on her face. It was their every month scenario. Her periods weren't exactly painful but the second day was killer. And today was her second day.

"If you say so. But take care please." He sighed and rubbed his eyes with his finger.

She realised something was off. He was dull than usual and seemed more close off.

"What's wrong Siddhant?" She asked suddenly sitting straight on her bed.

"Uhh what?" He was caught off guard by her question and intense look on her face.

"What's wrong. Don't you dare lie, I know something's off." She narrowed her eyes at her and he knew he had to come up with something strong. He wants to tell her about his father in law but couldn't snitch Lakshya.

So he made an excuse instead.

"A colleague of mine had a heartattack and is hospitalised. We are pretty close, so I'm just worried about his health." He said and sighed, proudly patting himself in mind for making such a great excuse.

"Oh. My bad. Grant him my well wishes too." She said, her face dropping in perticular. Even tho Sid felt bad for lying to her, he wouldn't dare pry in her family matters.

"Ok now let it go. He's recovering nonthless. So tell me, what plans for today now?" He asked with a sweet smile, changing the subject.

"Probably...lying on the bed all day or go on a walk?" She shrugged looking unsure.

He gave her a pitiful smile.

"You know we can talk as much as you want until you get bored or something." He said to her now keeping his chin on his hands, looking at her via video call very intensly.

It almost gave her butterflies in stomach.

"Yea yea....sure. As if I'll ever...ever get bored of talking to you." She said sassily before rolling her eyes to add extra effects. It resulted in getting a full erupted laugh from Siddhant.

"I swear you are somthing else." He said in between his laughs.

"Oh that I am.' she smirked.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"I hope you are fine now papa. You need to take care of you health. And agar apko oily khana khane ko mana kia gaya hai toh mat khaya karein na." Siddhant said, more like scolded his father in law.
(And if you are restricted from eating oily food, you should not eat it then.)

"Offo. You don't start with the same thing anymore. Teri Rashita maa mujhe itna suna chuki hai ki Aisa lag raha hai mano uski tel ki factory se tel churake usme bana khana khaya ho." Devesh rubbed his forehead with his fingers while saying so.
(Your Rashita mom has taunted me so much that now I think the food which I ate was made from the oil stolen from her oil factory).

While Rashita, who was sitting in a corner gave him a hard glare.

"Aap ghar chalo main batati hu apko." She muttered to him, tho everyone else listened and he muttered back a 'sorry darling'.
(You come home, I'll show you)

"Now you know chachu, why we stop you from eating all those oily food when you are not supposed to." Sirat, turned around towards Mehul who gave her a sheepish smile.
(Chachu- father's younger brother)

"Sorry beta. I wouldn't again" he replied and Siddhant remembered the day when he was trying to contact Chavi from Sirat's phone, when Mehul was eating oily food in the same room.

Just a thought of Chavi and a smile made it's way on his face.