35. new opportunity

Chavi's POV

I. Am. Scared.

And I am nervous. And excited. And what not!

I mean, why wouldn't I be? It's been almost eight and a half months since I'm away from my homeland. My home. My Siddhant.

So it's actually pretty butt natural that when I got to know about my need to visit India for one week in four days, my happiness knew no bound. Sure I would be landing to Bangalore. But hey! I can spare some time to visit my people.

"Thank You sir. Sure I'll accompany the crew." I bowed since it's a common tradition for Singaporeans. And left my senior's cabin.

I bump a fist in air the first thing after I came out of the room.

"Someone won a lottery or what?" A voice came from behind me making me freeze on the spot.

Shit someone saw me. This is so embarrassing lord.

Pursuing my lips in a thin line, with an obvious embarassment on my face, I turned around and looked at the person who called me.

It was none other thank Naksh.

"Oh hey. What lottery are you talking about?" I gave him an awkward smile and he looked back at me amused.

"Ahaa. I see. I wonder if not a lottery, then what is it that made you happy to the extend where you act like a kid who just won first prize in swimming race for the first time in his life. That too in the middle of Senior Wang's corridor?" He raised one of his brow and now it was my time to look at him in amusement.

"Do you know how cool you sounded saying all this shit which I royally ignored?" I asked him to which he replied, ignoring my comment about his earlier words being shit.

"Well...yea. My fiancee actually keeps saying that pretty often. Except the time we are having hot time, that is." He said almost nonchalantly and I made a face.

"Eww.. I don't want to hear about you hot times. I am better this way. Thanks. And I was happy because I'm going to India." I replied and heaved a sigh at the end of my sentence.

"Well, okay. And secondly, why? I mean are you already done with this project that you are now leaving in between? Is it that you miss your husband, what his name is again, so much? Or is that he is a controlling bastard who is jealous of some bud talking to you again?" Naksh asked and I almost rolled my eyes at him.

I told him about the whole misunderstanding thing which happened during Miheer's visit here. Since then, Siddhant's image in his eyes has been ruined and no matter how much I try to change that, nothing just works.

"Ahem Mr. Rai! My husband's name is Siddhant fyi. And secondly, no. He doesn't have any problem with me or my success nor is he jealous or something. If anything, he's sweet as hell.

And I'm going to India not because I quite but because I have been granted the opportunity to attend a meeting, for the final procedure, in Bangalore. Two meetings actually. In a week. So I'll be there for seven days." I replied with an extra sweet smile with a warning hidden in it.

The warning to utter anymore foul words about MY husband.

Only I have the right to taunt and torment him.

"Ahh. Okay. I see. No need to get mad madamé. I respect you and your husband Samar." He said with a fake gasp and I rolled my eyes this time.

He obviously took wrong name just to annoy me.

"You know what! Truck off." I said and walked away from there in order not to ruin my mood more than it already has been.

Since that incident, Naksh and I have been pretty close. More like the annoying kinda best friends who spoil each other's kids.

Heck yes! Whenever he and his fiancee decided to have kid, Imma spoil him or her the most. Beware now Mr. Rai.

I laughed to myself evilly when a ting came from my phone.

I looked at it to see atext from Bhai.