21. "chubby bear"

That night, after Miheer came back home, he dived into his work straight. And Chavi left him to work peacefully, leaving him in a separate room.

While she went to her own room. As she was about to dive into some files of work too, her phone rang.

Siddhant.

A smile, unknowingly, made place on her face as she saw the ID. She picked up the call and was met with a question without any greetings instead.

"Miheer came there?" Came his huffing voice.

"Yess?" Her reply sounded more like a question and he hmmed.

"Hello by the way." She said in a casual tone and he sighed.

She knew something was not right.

"What happened Siddhant? Speak to me." She said in a now concerned tone.

"I feel like I'm leaping behind." He said which caused Chavi to raise her brows in confusion. Then, when she realised he couldn't see her, she vocalised her confusion.

"What does that mean?" She asked.

"What I mean is that, nowadays I am the last one to know about anything and everything. I admit that majority of time I'm at either feild or my office, but still. No one tells me anything happened here now." He complaint to her and groaned. She smiled at him suddenly complaining like a baby to her. She liked it.

"Well....what can I say now Mr. Busy. Our family doesn't want to disturb you that's why?" Chavi replied the obvious.

"Yes. But this morning, no wait, yesterday they told me Miheer is going somewhere. I bid him goodbye and all and then I went to work. I don't know at what time, he must have left the home. At night when I came back, no one told me anything. And tonight when I came back, I was suddenly met with the news that he's in Singapore. Living with my wife." Siddhant muttered the last line.

But Chavi heard it somehow.

"Awww. Are you jealous Mr. Sharma that your brother is lucky enough to live with your wife for a week unlike someone who's stuck in his work?" She teased him on which he glared at the phone. Not that she could see him.

"Shut up." He mumbled which caused her to laugh out loud.

"Oh my...oh my God. Who knew the big bad Siddhant Sharma can be jealous. That too of his brother?" She said between laughs causing him to roll his eyes across the phone.

"You are ridiculous, you know?" He asked. Sarcasm leaking thru his throat.

"Oh I am, husband dear. Well aware about it. Afterall, aapki biwi hu na." She teased him further, causing him to hung the call up.
(Afterall, I am your wife)

"Arrey! Ye kya badtameezi hai?" Chavi muttered to herself before taking her laptop, and sitting on the bed. Not to work, but to connect it to video call Siddhant.
(Hey! What kind of rudeness is this?)

"Get lost." Siddhant said after picking up the video call. While Chavi swooned over his looks.

He was looking all hot in those glasses up his nose, a black high neck, messy hair, sitting in his house office with a cup of, what she suppose, coffee in his hands. She knew she could literally go on her knees for this man.

"Muh band karle biwi, makkhi ghus jaegi. Mana hum handsome hai, par itna obvious toh na karein." He said looking at her with a smirk.
(Close your mouth wide, or else a fly will enter it. I know I am handsome, but don't make it this obvious at least)

She came out of her trance hearing his words. He was clearly faking a nawabi accent, which made her cheeks go red.
(Royal)

"Who said I am staring at you?" She tried to cover up looking anywhere but his eyes. His slow chuckle made her even redder. She almost thought of hanging up, until he spoke.

"Sure. I believe you." And that's all it took her to groan and fall on the pillows behind.

"Fine. I admit my lack of attention, or you can rather say more attention towards a certain someone's look. You've got some problem?" She asked narrowing her eyes.

"I'd rather prefer to die than have any problem in that case." His hands shoot up in surrender to give more effect to his words. She raised her head up in pride.

"So. Why haven't you called me in days?" She asked. He took another sip for his cup before signing. He was too busy nowadays. It wasn't hidden from anyone. And it was all only to forget a missing part of his temporarily. The same missing part, who's on a vid call with him right now.

"Work. What else? The owner of the house is a cranky old man who think his not-so-effective designing skills can overcome mine. So my last few days had been spent on handling and tolerating his men periods." He said making Chavi laugh. Annoyence was very clear on his face.

"Damn. Sounds hard to me. Sending lots of help to you husband." Chavi said and sent a flying kiss his way. On which he smiled warmly.

"Tell me about your experience. How's work going on in Singapore?" He asked, trying to keep the conversation going on.

"Oh mine? Don't ask. It's all hectic and so....normal here. Too normal." She said and he looked at her with a raised brow.

"Elaborate please?" He said wanting to know more.

"Well...what can I say? There are certain people who just knows how to give more and more work. Since the day I came, apart from the main project I also have to handle some small conference meetings. And that too with some inexperienced interns under my hand." She sighed.

It was tough to work as someone from another country. People always try to defy you and deny you at given occasions. And Siddhant could understand it.

And well for her, she's experiencing it.

"Don't worry chubby bear. I can assure you will handle it. Plus you have the potential too. I know you can and you are going to rock thru it." His reply caused her to grant him with some heart filled eyes and an adorable smile.

Which he returned gladly.

"Don't call me chubby bear tho. I don't like it." She replied with a groan at last. At which he laughed gloriously.

Chubby bear. Isn't the name cute?🥺