Golden boy with golden heart...

Karn's POV

" Do you know , I was really scared of good looking guys !...." She said chuckling to herself. 

" Woah...You are scared of me ?" I asked mischievously.

" No ,.... but if you had met me 12-15 years back,  I would have surely been scared !..." She said scratching her head sheepishly.  I chuckled.

" When you guys arrived at our home in Kaliyuga,  with Shruti......When I looked at you all and flashed you a filthy look ..., do you remember?" I nodded.

" That as because I was alarmed ,....you all looked so handsome, I was scared that you all must be some murderes or something like that!" She said in embarrassment.  I giggled while pulling her cheeks.

"Why you have to be so cute !?..." I asked kissing her cheeks . She shoved me while blushing. 

" S-Stop !..." She said while throwing another another pillow at my face. I laughed.

" Let me continue !!" She deadpanned. I nodded , stifling my laugh.

" So , yes... after prince came my whole life took a new turn . He gave me a new hope to be alive. He helped me discover my true potential ....

Flashback

" Prince , come and have lunch with us !" One of girls of our class came to our bench and asked him by throwing a filthy look at me. I just looked down at bench.

" Of course , why not !....Come on Vedika!" He said happily . That girl rolled her eyes.

" Not her prince , only you !" She enunciated. 

" I will come only if Vedika comes !" He deadpanned. She frowned at went away.

" Umm....Prince , actually...you can go because I forget to bring tiffin today and I am not hungry as well , so you can go .." I said forcing a smile. He narrowed his eyes at me but nodded slowly and went away with other boys and girls to have lunch.

I was thankful ....
But I felt pathetic for lying to him.... In reality I was very hungry as always but I don't get tiffin from so called home. Actually I get food only once a day.

If my mom was alive till now then nothing such thing would have happened. Maa please come back !! ... I can't live without you Maa,  please come back ! ....

I don't even know I was crying untill I felt someone came and sit beside me. I immediately wiped my tears and looked beside and saw Abhay with his stupid grin.

" Hey loser......, " He drawled but suddenly his expression changed.
"Vedika....why are you crying ?" He asked with a frown.

" What do you want ?.... P-Please g-go a-and s-stop m-making my already m-miserable l-life more miserable.." I spat , trying to act strong.

" I was asking you properly!!....but you have to act like a bitch !...
Anyways ,  how are you not having lunch ? .......Oh sorry , I forgot that you never have it !" He smirked. As everyone went out to have lunch , the classroom was empty except me and  Abhay.

" I . Said . Leave . Me . Alone !!" I raised my voice. I tried to get up and go out from there but he grabbed my wrist and jerked me around and slapped me across my face ,..due to that force , my specs flew and fell near the entrance of the classroom .
He slammed me on one of the walls and I hit my head on it.