CHAPTER 4 - |THE AVOIDANCE|

"Tum mere ho, yeh dua hai meri,Tumse hi hai meri zindagi ki raahatein.

Har subah, har shaam, bas tum ho saathi, Meri duniya ka sabse pyaara wasta."

[Niharika's POV]

[Niharika's POV]

"V...Veer B...bhai's car?" I stammered in surprise. What is he doing here? He doesn't usually come here on weekdays. Oh no, I have to go back. If he saw me or if Maa finds out that I rode his horse, I'll be in big trouble. Maa won't let me go anywhere outside again. I've already received my last warning from Veer bhai before that. Or if Dad got to know about all that, he will...

"N-no...s..st..op..thinking... le..ts g.go back...bef..ore tha.t." I took Sheroo and went toward the stable.

"Come..on..S...Shero...o... L-lets go." I will put him back where he was. No one will know. I rode him back, while, thinking that Veer bhai would take some time to park his car.

I jumped off Sheroo and said , "C-chalo tumhe ba...band de.ta hai." I took his rope and tied him down near a pillar where he could eat.

"Now, let's go, Niharika, before he knows," I thought to myself. I hurried back, hoping to avoid any trouble.

"W...wait, isn't she o...our S...Stormy?" I muttered to myself, puzzled by Stormy's unusual behavior. Stormy was making noise, something she rarely did. I wondered why she was acting this way, I should at least check before going, I thought.

Approaching the stable, I saw someone touching her. "Oh, someone is touching her," I thought. But who is he? From the back, he looked like a gentleman, Maybe it's one of bhai's friends, Veer bhai would be back soon. I chided myself for standing there and watching the situation unfold, knowing that it wasn't right.

I think myself, "No, no, Niharika, you need to go back. Why are you standing here like a spectator? Do you want to get involved in this?" I decided to leave, as I didn't want to be a part of this.

As I turned to leave and find another way back to dadu maa, a sudden realization struck me. I thought,

"W-wait, N...Nihu, s...she is attacking h...him." Stormy was about to lash out at the man.

I couldn't just stand by and do nothing. I stepped forward, sidestepping the person, and placed my hand on Stormy. She was almost going to attack him. "Hey Shiv Ji, thanks. He could have been hurt," I silently expressed my gratitude, patting her gently. She quickly returned to her usual calm demeanor. Stormy wasn't fond of strangers; she only remained calm with bhai, dad, me, and Ramu uncle.

I should help him calm Stormy, I needed to get back. If I left, she might start roaring again. Hesitating for a moment, I made the decision and took the man's hand, placing it on Stormy's face. "Now that's like my girl. She is loving him," I thought to myself as Stormy reacted quickly, acting shy and even calmer than usual. She was seemingly more affectionate towards him, much to my surprise. I couldn't help but smile at her antics. Was she developing a soft spot for this handsome stranger?

I stole a quick glance at the man. He was indeed handsome, and for a moment, I found myself staring at him. I noticed something within me shift.

But my thoughts quickly shifted when Bhai called his name. In all this commotion, I'd forgotten about Bhai. I had to run for my life. I sprinted away from the scene, not wanting to face Veer Bhai's wrath.

***

[At Sandalwood Valley]

"Isme thoda aur khusbhoo dal do," Dadi instructed one of the ladies, focused on her work with sandalwood and its fragrant experiments.

I went near her and called out, "D-dadu," hugging her from behind.

"Are, mera bacha aa gaya. Kahan tha itni der se?" Dadi asked, her attention divided between her work and our conversation.

"Da..du, a..apko p-pata h..ai, a..aaj ma..in ma..r.rte marte b-bach hi h..oon," I shared with a hint of frustration.

"Arey, aise mat bol," Dadi replied, still engrossed in her work.

"D-dadu, s-suno t...oh," I began to explain, "M..aine aaj b..hai se.. pa..kadhi ja..ti, ho.rse r-riding ka..rte ."

"Acha," Dadi acknowledged without looking away from her work.

"D-d-dadu, a..ap ye sa..b chhodo," I said, trying to get her attention.

"Arey. Kyu?" Dadi questioned, finally looking at me.

"Ma....in ka..r lu,,ngi," I assured her, my determination to help evident in my words.

"A-aap ghar ja..y.ye, ma..in i-i-dhar sa..ra kaam d..dekh lungi," I suggested.

"Kyu, dono chalega sath mein thodi der bad," she insisted.

"Na..hi, a-a-abhi jao. M..mujhe ca..ll aa..ya th-a Ekta di k-a, gha...ghar p..e g-guest a.aye hain, a-apko ja..na chahiye," I shared.

"Acha, phir tu bhi chal, meri bachi," Dadi agreed, considering my well-being.

"Na..hi, Dadu. Aa..p toh ja-jaante ha..in, m..maine a-aaj ku..ch bh..i ka..am nahi kiya. M..main th..thodi der m..ein pakka aa jaungi," I reassured her.

"Pakka?" Dadi confirmed.

"Hmm, hmm. B..bye," I said as I left.

As soon as I left, my mood shifted from happy to sad. I pretended to be happy in front of Dadi, not wanting to worry her, but deep down, I knew that my family wanted me to stay out of it. and not want meet with their guests, especially my father.

Dadi protested with Dad to let me follow my interests, but I couldn't let her continue to fight on my behalf. I didn't want any conflict to arise because of my presence. Plus, no one really wanted me there, so it was better to be at work.