CHAPTER 22 - |I LITERALLY HAVE NO CLUE!!|

(the set up continued)

"You are my wife," he declared.

"W...what?" I stammered in shock.

"And yes, you know what? Tumne mujhe kitna bhagya hai," he uttered, his voice low, sending shivers down my spine.

He advanced, locking his gaze directly with mine, and then I felt his grip on my shoulder tightening. "You know what; now your time of playing hide & seek is over. Now it's my time to play the game, the real game," he declared, his dark grey eyes beginning to cloud over. I couldn't discern any emotion in them anymore.

What game is he talking about? And when did I play with him? These were the very first questions that flooded my mind. I closed my eyes, feeling him shake me as he held onto my shoulder, causing me to flinch in response. "Look into my eyes," he ordered with an authoritative voice.

I reluctantly opened my eyes and gazed into his. They held no emotions. They were not the eyes of a human; they lacked any hint of feeling. They were a type of glare that made my soul shiver, and my entire existence quiver. Why did this total stranger harbor so much hate or a myriad of emotions all tangled together? They couldn't be unraveled easily. Was it for someone else, or was it directed at me?

He interrupted my chain of thoughts, "I thought you were an innocent, simple girl. But I didn't think you'd turn out to be this cunning," he remarked.

"C-cunning?" I questioned myself, looking down and trying to make sense of his words.

"Look into my eyes. Why do we keep breaking eye contact again and again? I don't like to repeat; do as I ordered," he instructed, making me gaze into his eyes.

"Now, give the answer to my question. Do you see any emotion in them?" he demanded.

"What... what?" I stammered.

"I asked a question," he stated, his jaw clenched.

"Do you see anything or any kind of emotions in my eyes?" he reiterated.

"No...o!" I uttered with fear, looking down.

I didn't know if he could sense it, but the emotions within me were overwhelming.

"Look here and answer me," he ordered again, holding me by the shoulders.

"Then what do you see?" he demanded, maintaining his grip.

"A ha..tred! In..intense h.hate for s-someone," I admitted, acknowledging that his eyes held nothing but deep-seated animosity. However, for whom, I didn't know.

"Exactly. Congratulations, Mrs. Chauhan. You have got your very first answer right," he said with an evil smirk.

"C..can y...o..ou lea.ve me now?" I pleaded, my voice on the verge of breaking. His smirk disappeared.

"No, stand still here," he commanded.

"I c..an't, pl...e.ease. My k...knees, the..y can't s..stand, they are f-feeling we...a..ak."