CHAPTER 26 -|KNOWING HIM & HIS FAMILY|

NEXT MORNING,

NEXT MORNING,

As the light spilled into the palace, Niharika lazily opened her eyes, rubbing them as the world around her appeared hazy.

A knock on the door stirred her, and she sat up, supporting herself with the headboard.

"I w..was lay..ying dow...n the..re. How d...id I G.g-get h..ere?" she muttered to herself, looking confused.

Another knock sounded, prompting her to get up and answer the door, left with her question unanswered.

As she opened the door, she met the same head lady.

"Today's your first rasoi, Yuvrani. You have to come with us and make something according to customs," the head lady informed her.

Niharika nodded and went inside.

After getting ready in her usual flowing Anarkali dress, she returned outside.

"Follow me," instructed the head lady, and Niharika nervously complied.

Inside the kitchen, Suman, the head helper, explained a few things to Niharika, which felt insufficient for the task at hand.

"Don't add any type of milk or dairy products to anything," Suman informed her before stepping away.

She added an unnecessary comment, "And don't mess with anything like you did yesterday; everyone is already not really happy with you."

Niharika nodded silently, her nervousness increasing as she recalled the haunting memories of the previous night.

Once Suman left the kitchen, Niharika stood still for a moment, taking in her new surroundings. She then took a few steps forward, but whenever she reached a corner where other helpers were working, they abruptly left their work to attend to something else. Niharika chose to let it slide, not bothering too much about it.

Moving to another corner to see what she could make, she reached the stove, only for the other helper to turn it off and move away. It seemed like they were giving her the silent treatment.

Her initial morning smile, filled with hope and determination, faded away.

She heard a sound behind her, and Vanshi called out to the helper.

"Anika," Vanshi said, and the other helper turned towards her.

"Did you forget Bhaiji's words, or should I inform him?" Vanshi questioned, folding her hands and raising an eyebrow at her co-worker.

The helper looked horrified, fear evident in her eyes as she glanced around, not making eye contact with Niharika.

The helper tried to justify her actions, saying, "We do other works, Yuvrani Khama Gani," as she apologized and bowed.

Niharika felt confused as she observed the workers leaving.

Anika called out to another fellow mate, and they both left the kitchen together.