CHAPTER 6 - |I'M GOING BACK, MAYBE IT'S OUR FATES|

Niharika's POV:

Niharika's POV:

Everyone went to their beds, I guess I should too. I sneaked inside, reached my room, closed the door, and exhaled the breath I had been holding. Thank God, no one saw me. I leaned my back against the door, feeling a mix of relief and rush of Adrenaline. Just when I thought I was in the clear, someone knocked on my door. wondering who it could be.

I cautiously opened the door, revealing Ekta Di standing there. I sighed in relief, about to say something, but she gestured for me to be quiet and entered. She took out a food plate, which she had apparently hidden, and said, "Bachi, where should I keep this?"

I was in shock, wondering how she knew I had just come in.

"D..di, y...ou d-don't"

"'I don't have to', yhi bolna ha na" di said, and I nodded in agreement.

"Hmmmm, i had to, ab Chup kar or idhar baithe or Sara finish kar," she insisted.

"I know tune kuch nahi khaya," di added.

"Di, tha..nk yo..u," I expressed my gratitude.

"Thanks, huh? Kuch mat bol, ab or chup karke jaldi finish kar sab kuch," Di said, looking like a lady hitler. I continued enjoying my food in peace; it was delicious, almost heavenly. I thought Maa must have made everything with her own hands.

"Or tu itni der kaha thi, ghar kyun nahi aayi time pe? Dadi ko akeli kyun bhej diya tune?" she questioned, demanding an answer. What could I say?

"Di...,K-kam(work)..." I began.

"Stop lying, Nihu. I know tu bade papa or guest ki wajah se intentionally late aayi hai," she caught my lies. I tried to cover my emotions; I didn't want her to know my true reason.

"Di..." I said, looking down.

Tears were almost welling up in the corners of my eyes, but I controlled myself. I didn't want her to be sad because of me. I gulped hard, feeling a lump in my throat. She picked up my chin with her hand, raising my face to her level and making eye contact, which I had been avoiding. If she saw my eyes, she would definitely see how miserable I feel when I need to hide my identity. I have to come all the time late and hide when some guest comes.

"Nihu, bacchi, tu kyun karti hai aise? Yaar, ye itna bada ghar hai. Tu yahan par rahegi toh bhi kisi ko nahi pata chalega. Dadi ko pata kitna tension hota hai? Or mujhe kitna bore feel hota hai tera bina," Di said. Then she sarcastically whispered in my ear, "Upar se Anu alag attitude dekhati hai, like she is Miss India," Di said, and we both laughed together. I couldn't help but ask, "Or m...aa u-unhe fik..r hu.i thi?" I wanted to know if my own mother was worried about me.

"Woh... Unhe hue thi," Di said, hesitating. I knew she was lying to make me feel better, but somewhere deep down, I knew Maa didn't even think about me. She must be relieved that I am not nearby. I said, "Dii..i, don't lie, and I k..n..now." Then I finished my food, and Di changed the topic, maybe to lift my mood.

"Acha sun, aaj main tera paas sone wali hu, and that's my final decision," Di said. I always loved it when Di or Dadu slept with me. "Okay," I replied with a smile.

We both shifted to my bed. Di was lying down, looking at the ceiling. "Bacchi, tujhe yaad hai kaise Ishita di and I used to bring food for you when Bade Papa used to punish you, and Isha di used to fight for you with Bade Papa, and in the end, Ishita di used to win."

"Hmmm," I replied, reminiscing those moments.

"Acha, ye sab me mein bhool hi gayi. Today, you might have been caught red-handed by Badi Maa."

"H...how?" I asked, feeling a bit nervous.

"She was asking about your whereabouts, but I handled the situation. Tera ya horse riding ka hobby hum dono ko kisi badi mushibat me dal dega," Di said. and sleep otherside of bed.

I too close my eyes , but as soon i did, The image of that stranger's face during horse riding came to the forefront of my mind. Who was he? His dark grey eyes were so mesmerizing, and I felt like time had stopped. Why was my heart beating so loudly?

I opened my eyes , Nihu, stop thinking about him or whomever he was. A guy like him would not even want to be close to you. So, sleep in peace. Yeah, I should sleep.

***

Next morning, at 6 am

Prthvi was ready to leave. "Mr. Veer, I will take my leave."

"This is so early, Mr. Prthvi. You could have stayed a little bit more and had breakfast. Then you could have left," Veer suggested.

"No, no, I have a lot to do. I already have a lot of pending work due to this unexpected holiday," Prthvi explained.

"Okay, have a safe trip," Veer wished him.

"Mr. Jamwal," Prthvi said, looking towards Jairaaj Jamwal, "I hope we have a great future together, maybe."

Jairaaj shook hands and nodded. "Ramu, show sir his way," Jairaaj said with a firm voice. "Ji sahab."

"No need, I can manage. Amar, take out the car," Prthvi said to Amar. Amar nodded and went to get the car.

"Mr. Prthvi, one more time, I would like to thank you for the deal and for staying with us," Veer expressed his gratitude. Prthvi nodded in acknowledgment.

With that,Veer's family went inside, as they were all still sleepy due to the early hour.

Prthvi followed Amar, sat inside his car, and as the glass of the car went up, they went on their way.

***

Niharika's POV:

I emerged from the mandir, puzzled by the sound of a car engine. Who could be leaving so early when everyone at home usually sleeps in?

As I approached the main gate, I saw the car starting, and I gestured to Kaka, "Ka...kaka... Car...r kiski hai?" Wondering if a guest was already departing this early.

He explained, "NIHU, beta, ye sab Veer baba ke guests ki car hai, Rajasthan se hai na isliye jaldi ja rahe hain shayad." The car looked incredibly expensive. If the owner resides in Rajasthan, why are they driving such a lavish car here in Bangalore? They must be really wealthy.

"NIHU beta, idhar aa," Dadu called.

"C..coming," I replied, walking toward dadu.

coming," I replied, walking toward dadu