CHAPTER 12 - |YOU ARE NOT JUST NOBODY|

"Aree, NIHU, one more performance, please," Ishita di said

"Nah..i, di," Niharika replied, shaking her head.

"Please," Ishita pleaded, but Niharika continued to shake her head. Ishita was about to insist when their mom came and said,

"Are, NIHARIKA, meri help karana. Tumhare Chachi ne shagun ki mehandi mandir mein rakh di hai. Check karke aao."

"Aree maa, mujhe bataye bachi ko enjoy karne do na," Ishita said.

"Nahi, tum kyu karogi, tum jao, aur Damad Ji ko dekho ja kar," their mother said to Ishita. Then she called out, "NIHU!"

"Ji, maa," Niharika said and went inside to help her Chachi.

***

"Mr. Prthvi, I think you should visit more often here, especially since you are opening a grand hotel here," Jairaaj Jamwal suggested.

"No, I'm good. Construction work has already started, and there's a lot of preparation to do," Prthvi responded.

As they were talking, Prthvi's eyes fell on the girl in the corner. With more focus, he realized she was the same girl again.

"Mr. Prthvi, what do you think of giving us the exclusive rights for all the toiletries products from our sandal heritage? You can have our back." Jairaaj Jamwal proposed, taking the opportunity.

However, Prthvi interrupted in the middle of the business discussion, asking, "Who's that girl?" He couldn't pass up the chance to find out who she actually was.

Jairaaj seemed not to understand, prthvi repeated himself, pointing towards the girl, who was now getting up. Prthvi insisted, "Who is she? I've never seen her."

Jairaaj appeared hesitant and somewhat angry as he looked towards the girls. Niharika's eyes locked with her father's for a moment, sensing anger and hatred.

She looked down, started moving nervously, and when he said, "Leave her alone, she is just nobody," she halted for a moment, then went outside the venue, taking big steps and, for a moment, missing her step but backing up herself and starting to run.

Witnessing this, Prthvi naturally said, "exactly thats what you are, infront of me. JUST NOBODY!"

"what?" jairaaj jamwal said.

"well, I didn't ask about you." anger visible in his eyes.

"Excuse me, Mr. Prthvi," Jairaaj Jamwal said, looking confused and hestated by prthvi cold reply.

"By the way, meet Mr. Sholanki, our daughter's father-in-law," Jairaaj said, changing the topic.