CHAPTER 8 - |I'M HERE, LET'S JUST MEET|

Three days later in Bangalore,

"Sir, we are here," the driver said.

"Is that the location, Prthvi?" Abhi asked, looking at the back seat. Prthvi didn't reply; he was engrossed in his tab. Abhi asked again,

"Prthvi?"

"What?" Prthvi said.

"Is this the location I asked? Leave your freaking tab here, dude. We are here for fun," Abhi said, already done with his friend's tactics.

"Yes, it is," Prthvi said and closed his tab. "Are you happy now?"

"Yup, darling," Abhi said, winking. They both opened the car doors and stepped outside.

Abhi unbuttoned his suit, and Prthvi adjusted his well-tailored suit, removing invisible dust. Then Prthvi's phone rang.

"Again?" Abhi asked.

"First the tab, now the phone? Seriously, Prthvi."

"I need to take this," Prthvi said, checking the caller ID before answering.

"Yeah, do it. Whatever you want," Abhi said. Prthvi went to the backside to attend the call, while Abhi ordered the driver to take out the gifts.

"Take all the gifts out," he instructed.

They went inside, and the driver, along with Abhi, carried the gifts. Abhi looked in Prthvi's direction for help, but he was quite busy.

"Ah, leave it. First, put the gifts inside. He's behind the car," the driver nodded and went inside with Abhi, leaving the car door open.

***

At Venue,

"Just play the song I gave you, okay?" Ekta instructed, multitasking while handling her lehenga.

"Hey Shiv Ji, where has everyone from home gone?" Ekta muttered to herself, rubbing her head. Niharika, noticing her sister's distress, approached with a glass of water.

"Di, he..re," Niharika handed her the glass.

"Thanks, NIHU. I needed this a lot," Ekta said, smiling.

"Well, someone, welcome us too," declared Ishita, the eldest sister of the house.

The two younger sisters turned and said in unison, "Di," then walked toward Ishita with big smiles.

"Chiku ko pakdo," Ishita instructed her husband in an authoritative tone.

"Arre, pakdo na."

She then opened her arms, and both sisters hugged their di tightly.

"Seriously di, this late you are coming," Ekta said, keeping her hand on her waist.

"Y-yes, w-we a-are d-disappoin...t" Niharika tried to say, faking anger. Ekta completed what Niharika was saying with a nod.

"Let me take a breath first," their Ishita di said.

"Ask your jiju," Ishita continued, directing their attention to her husband.

"Jiju," Ekta said.

"Mein...idk. Arre, Veer is calling me. I'm coming. Take your Chiku," her nervous husband said and made a hasty retreat.

They all laughed.

"See how he's trying to play the victim here," Ishita commented.

"Gave Chiku to me," Ekta said.

"Arre lo yaar, now handle him throughout the wedding," Ishita said.

"Oh, I forgot, NIHU, tu ek kaam kar, tell someone to take out gifts from the car. Take the keys. Main maa ko milke aati hoon," Ishita said, looking towards Niharika.

"Di, I will do it myself," Niharika said.

"Nahi, ask someone," Ishita insisted.

"Di," Niharika pleaded.

"Let her, Di. You know her behavior," Ekta said, playing with Chiku.

"Okay, chal le, keys. Please bring the small ones only," Ishita instructed.

Niharika, handling her lehenga, went outside near her Di's car, where her jiju had parked. She pressed the key, and there was a sound from her right side.

She followed the direction and discovered another black car parked with its gate open.