CHAPTER 33 -|WE COULD NEVER FIND ANY BETTER THAN HER|- PART 1

IN THE HALL,

IN THE HALL,

"Have you ever thought, Prithvi, what makes us human beings so different from any other mammals?" Abhi posed the question, taking a deep sigh.

"What? Wait, what mammals are you talking about?" Prithvi replied, clearly puzzled. "Sir, I have a reception to attend, and it's tonight," he added, trying to steer the conversation.

"--Coming from the same class, like many of the same species," Abhi continued, completely ignoring Prithvi's attempt to divert the topic. He tapped his fingers against a slim, golden lighter he held, leaning against a pillar. Suddenly, he straightened up, adopting an active posture.

Meanwhile, Prithvi took a puff from his cigarette, turning his face slightly in Abhi's direction as he spoke.

"Have you ever thought about why we humans are so different? Ever given any thought to this idea?" Abhi asked, his curiosity evident as he glanced in Prithvi's direction.

Prithvi opened his mouth to respond, but Abhi swiftly interrupted, raising his hand as if to halt any potential dismissal. "Now, don't you dare cancel out my statement by saying, 'Abhi, I'm not a science prodigy, and neither are you my teacher, nor do I feel any compulsion to answer you,' " Abhi said calmly but firmly, his tone uncharacteristically composed.

Then, in a burst of frustration, Abhi muttered under his breath, "Oh, fuck your excuses, bloody science prodigy," pausing abruptly.

Prithvi looked at him with an expression of quiet acceptance, not shocked but rather accustomed to Abhi's sudden outbursts.

He continued to stare blankly at the floor.

"Because it has nothing to do with your academic background. Now answer with some common sense," Abhi pressed on.

Prithvi remained silent, letting out a weary sigh, which only seemed to fuel Abhi's impatience.

Abhi threw his hands up in exasperation and answered his own question, "It's the consequences, you blockhead."

Prithvi looked up at Abhi, rubbing the tip of his cigarette between his fingers.

"We Humans have consequences for our actions-what we do and what we choose to regret later. This is something that thousands of other species within our class lack." Abhi explained.

Prithvi continued to stare at him, neither interrupting nor showing any emotion, seemingly aware of where the conversation was heading.

"We possess emotional intelligence, EQ," Abhi emphasized with each word, straining to make his point clear.

He licked his lips, which had become dry from talking, while Prithvi continued his motion of rubbing the tip of his cigarette, lost in thought.

Abhi heavlily sighed, his frustration evident as he addressed Prithvi. "And my dear lonely, withdrawn friend, I thought you understood the concept of facing(or)having consequences, for heaven's sake-or whoever's sake. I don't know why we're having the same conversation over and over, but I left you alone in that room to confront your regrets, seek redemption, or whatever else you needed to say. To come to terms with your actions, to be done with it, to not keep anything to yourself," Abhi said, his hand moving quickly as if trying to solve a riddle, attempting to piece together the last part of the puzzle.