CHAPTER 33 -|WE COULD NEVER FIND ANY BETTER THAN HER|- PART 2

Prithvi's mind raced as he tried to maintain his composure

"Thanks for gracing us with your presence," he said, nodding and flashing a strained smile.

He gestured towards an employee. "Please show the way inside. Let's continue the festivities indoors," he directed.

Taking a deep breath, he turned to the employee beside him.

"How many more are left?" he inquired.

The employee quickly scanned the guest list. "Sir, just 2-3 people left from the ministry. After that, you can proceed. As for the unofficial guests, sir, there are about 10 more," he reported, pointing towards the entrance.

"Unofficial guests? Repeat that again" Prithvi asked, eyebrows furrowing.

"Yes, sir, about 10," the employee confirmed, scanning the list once more.

"Alright, let's welcome them too. They're guests as well," Prithvi decided, turning to greet the attendees, exchanging pleasantries, and discussing the 'profit on toast' to appease the business-minded among them.

Yet, his eyes kept straying towards the entrance, waiting for that one person he truly wanted to welcome-or perhaps he was merely biding his time to personally escort them inside.

"Why haven't they come yet?" he muttered, his gaze fixed on the gate.

"What was that, Mr. Prithvi?" the ministry officials queried, catching his slip.

But he quickly recovered, redirecting the conversation. "Ah, let's discuss business and our potential profits over toast inside," he smoothly transitioned, using words that would resonate with those present.

Pleased, the attendees nodded in agreement. "Absolutely, why not?"

With that settled, Prithvi approached the remaining guests, subtly tweaking his words to make each feel uniquely valued, subtly reinforcing his own elevated status in the process.

Once the guests had departed, Prithvi found himself lost in thought. "I shouldn't have left her," he murmured regretfully.

Just then, the employee informed him, "The guest list is complete, sir. You can proceed inside. Thank you for your assistance," before subtly indicating his readiness to wrap up the welcoming duties.

With a nod, Prithvi acknowledged the employee's message and checked his watch, a hint of concern evident in his expression.

"Is she okay?" he wondered aloud, his mind preoccupied with thoughts of the one he left behind.

A few hours earlier...

"Prithvi," a voice called out from behind, halting him in his tracks as he moved towards Niharika.

"Prithvi beta, you should go," the voice urged, laden with urgency.

"Alone?" He posed the question to his bua sa but cast a lingering glance at his wife, who was descending the stairs.