CHAPTER 16 - |I FIND MYSELF LOST IN YOUR THOUGHTS THESE DAYS|

At the breakfast table,

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

At the breakfast table,

Jairaaj expressed his gratitude, "Thank you for taking out your time for us, All the gentlemen's." looking at his guest with a confident smile that didn't betray the tension and chaos he had just created.

He continued, acknowledging Prthvi and Abhimaan, "And thanks to you, Mr. Prthvi and Mr. Abhimaan, for taking the time, from heavy schedule" directing his gaze toward their direction.

"I have heard that you are leaving today. I know I am asking too much, but could you stay for the engagement? We've decided to engage our youngest daughter tomorrow with Samrat Jasrotia. " Jairaaj proposed, extending his hand towards Samrat.

Abhi was about to respond, "Yes, we can--" but Prthvi interrupted, "No, we can't. We need to leave," cutting off his friend, understanding him well.

Abhi, expressing his frustration, said, "Yes, we should leave," looking toward Prthvi with an angry expression.

"Get up, Abhi. We are going back now, Mr. Jamwal. I hope you understand our reason," Prthvi stated, rising and wiping his hands.

He then extended his hand towards Samrat, "Congratulations on your engagement."

***

Niharika's POV:

"Di... Di, I'm okay," I said with a low voice. But am I really okay? The feeling I have is anything but okay. The room feels like it's closing in on me, suffocating me with the weight of betrayal and shock. How does everything take such an unexpected turn?

I can't think of a single reason behind Dad's decision to marry me off to someone I barely know. Is it punishment for something I did or, worse, for just being me? A whirlwind of questions storms my mind, each more painful than the last.

What have I done to deserve this? What's my mistake? I should at least know. The constant comparison with Anamika di, the feeling of being the unwanted one, haunts me throughout my life. But this... this is beyond anything I could have imagined. Do they hate me that much to strip away my dreams and the little freedom I seek?

Does Mom know about this? Is she silent or, worse, complicit in this decision? The tears blur my vision as I try to make sense of the chaos within me.

"No, I'l...l tal..k t..o Da..d.d," I said to myself, wiping my tears. He will understand. But deep down, the sinking feeling lingers. Will he listen? Will he understand that all I want is a chance to pursue my dreams, to prove that I am more than the labels they impose on me?

I don't want anything from him-just let me pursue my dream. Okay, if he hates me and thinks I'm nobody to him, I will go far from his sight. Maybe then he will be happy.

𝐑𝐎𝐘𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐘'𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐘जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें