CHAPTER 9 - |WHY ARE YOU SO CLUMSY|

Niharika's POV

Niharika's POV

I walked out of the venue, searching for the spot where Jiju had parked the cars.

I headed towards the parking area, the dim lights making even the simplest task feel like a challenge, especially with the lehenga. But I had to manage; I clicked the key, and the sound directed me towards the cars. As I approached, my mind made a sarcastic comment about how complicated even the most straightforward tasks seemed with the lehenga.

I reached my sister's car, but my attention was drawn to another sleek black car parked nearby with its door wide open, such an expensive car left unattended, such a irresponsible people.

I muttered to myself, "Who parks like that?" As I made my way, the door of the black car unexpectedly closed ofcourse it would get, they were coming in my way.

I mumbled, "Of course, this would happen." I managed to open the door with the key and took out the gifts. "Here we go," I said with a smile. Ready to leave, I turned around, only to be stopped abruptly by someone.

I looked back and realized it wasn't someone but the car door. Oh God, it had accidentally locked, and my lehenga was caught in it.

I attempted to gently pull my lehenga out of the door, but it seemed stubbornly stuck. Feeling a bit panicked, I contemplated trying to open the gate, but it was already locked. Attempting to force it now would be foolish. Deciding to prioritize the situation, I carefully placed the gifts on the sleek car and started gingerly pulling at my lehenga.

I wanted to avoid any scratches on the car, though it seemed my lehenga might bear the brunt of the situation. Regardless, my focus was on freeing myself from the unexpected predicament.

***

"Yes, remembered to inform me when site work will start," Prthvi instructed before turning to another call.

"Yes, Mr. Mittal, I have checked. Let me know when you decide to invest," he responded to the other call that was on hold.

"Yes, good night," Prthvi replied after ending the call.

"Woah, life is tough without your secretary."

Prthvi then headed toward his car to meet his friend, but to his surprise, he found a lady there instead.

"Who the hell is she? What is she doing?" Prthvi wondered as he approached.

He observed her struggling with something, and thought, "Is she trying to steal something? But from her clothes, it doesn't look like that." He then looked down and noticed her lehenga was stuck in the car.

"How clumsy," Prthvi commented. He went closer, and as he approached, he pressed the button of his car, and as he did, the car made a distinct sound, causing the girl to look up.and as she flipped her hair in the air, her face was revealed, showing a worried expression, leaving Prthvi stunned.

***

Niharika's POV

I looked up as I heard the sound of a car button being pressed. The noise caught my attention, and I saw a man approaching. In the dim light, I couldn't make out his face clearly. As he came closer, he opened the gate, leaned down, and took out my lehenga.

I didn't want to be a part of any interaction. I took the gifts and started walking away. It was their mistake, and I didn't feel the need to apologize. However,but A small voice in my mind suggested that I should've at least say sorry.

***

Prthvi stood for a moment, maybe reading her face. He remembered the very same encounter with that girl two months ago, who was taking over his sleep, making him obsessed day by day more.

As Prthvi leaned down to retrieve the tangled lehenga, his eyes inadvertently met hers. In that fleeting moment, time seemed to pause, and an unspoken connection sparked between them. The dim glow accentuated the contours of her face, revealing a blend of innocence and determination that held Prthvi's attention. But the girl seemed to be unaware of the storm she created.

Again Her eyes, pools of mystery, met his with unexpected intensity, as if they shared a secret language that transcended spoken words.

The soft rustle of fabric and the gentle night breeze framed the enchanting tableau. Prthvi found himself captivated, unable to look away from the captivating aura she exuded. It was as if an invisible force had woven a thread of connection between them, drawing Prthvi into a moment of unexpected fascination.

In that charged moment, their worlds collided briefly, and the unspoken acknowledgment lingered in the air. The girl, with a slight nervous smile looking everywhere, broke the spell, her eyes holding a glint of mischief. As she gracefully moved away, Prthvi stood there, still captivated by the allure of the unexpected encounter.

"Am I imagining things again?" he asked, standing there.

"Dude, will you come inside, accompany me? You are the one who knows these people, not I," Abhi said.

Prthvi looked here and there, trying to find any trace, but again she was gone.

"Dude, what are you looking for? No one's here, and did you plan to spend a night here?"

"Let's go," Prthvi said, maybe jumping to conclusions that he was again dreaming, imagining things his own.