CHAPTER 18 - |THE SURPRISING TRUTH|

"I don't know

"I don't know. I've never seen her before or heard anyone mention her here," Abhi said, deep in thought.

"But she looks familiar. Kahin toh dekha hain?" Abhi pondered, trying to recall where he had seen her before.

"Prithvi, do you know her?" Abhi asked, coming forward with curiosity. However, Prithvi's gaze was fixed on the girl, an intense stare that suggested he couldn't hear them.

"Prithvi," Abhi called again.

"Huh!" Prithvi replied, finally tearing his gaze away from the girl.

"Where were you gone? I was asking, did you see her before?" Abhi repeated his words.

Prithvi replied, "I think, Abhi, you should stop poking your nose into others' affairs. Enjoy the wedding without creating any trouble, and please leave me alone for some time, you two," he said, an abnormal impatience evident in his tone.

With that, Prithvi went near the bar corner, not bothering to answer their question.

There was a lot going on in his mind. He needed air to process everything-the surprises, revelations, and the fact that the girl he had been dreaming about was getting married to someone else. He wanted to know her until now-the girls he kept colliding with, their worlds intersecting. It made him oblivious, clouding his thoughts and feelings.

He wanted to ask everything, why, for the first time in his life, he felt vulnerable and confused. But now, everything ended with him finally knowing her, at the cost of her being someone else's bride. It would have been better if he hadn't known about her, but now he knows everything.

How could anything start between them now?Prithvi silently observed her, not with a greedy or lustful gaze, but with a fascination that even As an author I failed/ or feel challenging to explain. It was as if he was captivated by her innocence and vulnerability.

He took his seat near the stool, ordered a drink, and then gazed in the direction of that girl. It seemed like he was searching for answers that she couldn't provide. "Did she know the storms she created in his mind all this month?" I wonder, prithvi taking a sip from his drink. Observing her closely, he noticed that the girl didn't seem happy, despite her smile. "She's faking it," he whispered to himself, feeling his peace disturbed. Unconsciously, he swirled his glass, then noticed small tears welling up in the girl's eyes. "She's crying? Again" he thought, surprised.

"Again?" he repeats his word.

"Wait," he muttered, connecting the dots. "The girl I just encountered," he said to himself, recalling the girl he had questioned about why she was crying when he sought an apology.

"That girl was her." He realized As that girl's face was covered with Haldi, but her eyes he couldn't just forget.

Amid the crowd, one tear escaped the girl's eye, and he keenly observed it. The girl quickly wiped it away, maintaining a forced, fake smile that seemed to convince everyone around her. However, deep down, he could sense the pain hidden behind her facade. He wondered what could have caused her to cry and wished he could offer some comfort or support. The complexities of emotions in that moment made him question the intricate webs of fate that connected their lives.