CHAPTER 33 -|WE COULD NEVER FIND ANY BETTER THAN HER|- PART 3

"Yashashwini! Ashiwini!" Rajmata's voice echoed through the halls, summoning attention

"Come here!" Her tone, though composed, resonated with underlying agitation.

"What is she wearing? Didn't you inform her? Or did you not bother to check? Letting her wear something so simple. How many people must be making comments about her? How many of them did we manage to stop?" Rajmata directed her questions to Bua Sa, her demeanor reflecting her displeasure.

"Bhabhi sa... we... we gave her royal attire! We don't know..." Bua Sa replied, attempting to concoct a convincing explanation. " We don't know why she showed up wearing something like that."

Without missing a beat, Rajmata responded, "You are responsible for this situation. She has no idea about these matters. It was your duty, wasn't it?"

Bua Sa lowered her gaze, her words faltering as she looked up. "Believe us, Bhabhi Sa, trust our words. Wait, I'll call Prithvi, he was supposed to be here."

Tears welled up in her eyes as she continued, "How could you say this about—"

Rajmata cut her off, "Don't try to make excuses now," looking around at the gathering.

"No, Bhabhi Sa, we will prove our innocence. Otherwise, you'll only blame us," Bua Sa insisted.

"Prithvi!" Bua Sa called out nervously, beckoning Prithvi to join them.

Confused,Prithvi approached. "Ji, Maa Sa," he acknowledged.

"We didn't call you. We have no desire to discuss anything with you. Go back," Rajmata stated icily, avoiding further conversation.

Prithvi's expression shifted as Bua Sa conveyed the situation to him. His mother remained silent, while Bua Sa's tears made her argument more compelling.

"On behalf of her, we apologize," Prithvi offered, his mother still silent.

Breaking the tense silence, Rajmata spoke again. "Let's not escalate the situation further. It's just attire. Comfort Ashwini and rectify the matter, here. Do something beneficial," she instructed Bua Sa.

Turning to Prithvi, she added, "As for you, we don't know! At least be on her side. She's alone there," and walked away.

***

Abhi moved towards Ekta, growing impatient to talk. 

He watched her navigate through a crowd, taking large, urgent steps to follow her, only to come to a sudden halt. 

"Ahem, ahem," he heard someone clear his throat. 

He turned his head to find his father speaking to the people around him, but with his eyes fixed warningly on Abhi. 

Abhi visibly gulped, his father adjusted his glasses as if to emphasize the warning.

"Yes, the directory is in our possession. Just inform us when we need to make changes," his father addressed the group, but his eyes lingered on Abhi, a silent warning to behave.