92

Copyright © MonMoncheese
All Rights Reserved
Updated 01.01.2024

•••

A/N Half way through the chapter I was too tired to even write properly. Please know that this note will be deleted after I revise the chapter later today. Do not be scared if some things don't make sense. At this point even I don't make sense.

ROSE

Tapping my pen against the textbook in front of me, I try to focus on the small words printed on the page. My eyes skimming through the paragraphs, trying to cram everything into my brain. But my mind seems to have other plans when the words start to blurry, letting me know that I was no longer paying attention.

Until twenty-five minutes ago, I was fine. My focus still directed to the book on the desk, but at some point, my mind diverted to a particular blue-eyed boy. The textbook long forgotten while I became engrossed in my thoughts.

Just thinking about him inflicted a sudden fear in me, because I looked around the study room I was currently in to verify that there was no sign of Irene and her friends outside. Peeling my eyes away from the small window, I lower my head, feeling bad at my previous action. I didn't fear him, not anymore. But Irene was like a timing bomb waiting to explode. If she even saw me close to him, she would end me. And I think she is the person I fear the most. So just thinking about Scott was frightening enough because Irene had a way of making an appearance at the most surprising times.

Though, as much as I tried to not think about him, I couldn't. It seemed like he was everywhere and so was Irene. Yesterday's conversation with Scott only made it worse. Talking about his dad was something I never thought I would be discussing with him, yet it happened. And now I couldn't stop thinking about the conversation.

Knowing that I witnessed something I shouldn't have, and hearing Scott say that he just has to make his dad proud was all too much. I felt stuck. And I didn't know what to do.

His words felt wrong, because it didn't matter how many times he made my days a living hell at school, he still didn't deserve to go through the same thing I did.

With a frustrating sigh, I rub my eyes tiredly. Too much was on my mind lately and I did not like it. It made me feel agitated because I still had to decide whether I would be returning to St. Michaels. A conversation that would need to happen with my parents. One that I was hesitant about because they would ask a lot of questions. Questions I would be forced to reply with a lie.

And Nathan, I still had to tell him about what happened. Thankfully, he hadn't notice anything. Giving the bruises enough time to fade before I told him everything.

Through this ordeal, the only thing that managed to calm me down was certain boy.  One that I suddenly missed now. I missed his hugs. They always managed to provide a certain feeling in me, a feeling of warmth and safety. It was strange. The more I saw him, the more I wanted to see him.

I just couldn't get enough of him.

Whenever I was with him, my worries seemed to ease away, until none of it mattered except him and I.

And his voice, hearing him talk was my favorite because I could stare into his golden green eyes while listening to his voice without looking like creep.

He was just too handsome for his own good.

And mine.

"I need to stop getting distracted." I mutter while shaking my head and slapping my cheeks to focus.

Staring down at the book, I begin to mumble the words on the textbook. Gathering the information in the paragraph and taking a mental note of it. Picking up my pen, I write a comment on the top of the page and continue reading, slowly getting immersed in the information once again.