23

Copyright © MonMoncheese
All Rights Reserved
23 Published 03.17.2020

•••

JAMES

Since the moment I woke up, I felt sick. Perhaps I was coming down with something. Either that or I have been pushing myself too hard these days.

Whatever it was, it made me annoyed. I didn't even want to come to school today, but I forced myself out of bed with a cold shower.

It was my lunch break right now, but instead of hanging out with the lads, I opted to hang out in the library. And right now I was sitting in a random table working on my assignment. 

After a while, I hear footsteps approaching the table.  

"Uh, mate?" I recognize Nico's voice and I look up from my work. 

There, on the other side of the table stood my three mates.

"We have to tell you something." He says glancing hesitantly at Vincent and Alec.

"What is it?" I say looking down at the notebook before me. 

"Melody." At the mention of her name, I look up.

"What about her?" I frown.

Why would they bring her up all of a sudden?

"She's dating him." Alec blurts out.

"Why would you say it like that, you twat?" Nico and Vincent smack Alec on his arm. But I don't feel like laughing, not at all.

"He has to know!"Alec hisses in response.

I let the pen drop from my hand and clench my fist.

The three of them take a seat while I glare at the notebook below me.

"I saw a post of Melody with Jacob announcing their relationship and I just thought you should know before you heard it from someone else," Vince tells me.

I listen to him, but deep within me, a fire is burning.

Melody, the girl I was almost going to tell those three words that my stranger wants to hear from me so bad. I almost made the mistake of telling Melody those three words, romantically.

We dated for two years. She was the girl that I was going to give my first time to. 

I thought we would be each other's first. 

But I was wrong.

 On the day I was ready to confess my love for her and give myself to her, I found her in someone else's arms. Their bodies tangled as Melody kissed the guy who was trying to win her. 

But I guess he had already won her. 

It hurt to know that to Melody I meant so little that she would cheat on me. And it was normal to hurt because finding the one you love with someone else truly breaks you heart.

I truly loved her, maybe that's why it hurt so much. After all, two years is a long time for two teens who started going out when they were 14.