41

Copyright © MonMoncheese
All Rights Reserved
41 Published 04.07.2020

•••

JAMES

Listening to the professor talk about a math equation, I twirl the pencil with my fingers.

"This is also essential," He points to the board and my eyes divert to it. "But of course, there are several ways to solve a problem. However, it is up to you. As long as you get the correct answer, it doesn't matter to me." 

As he begins to write a calculus problem on the board, I stop twirling the pencil and write my notes in the notebook on my desk

Once he's done, he faces the class with curious eyes. "Who wants to solve the problem I just wrote?"

Not feeling like answering a question, I keep my hand down and wait for the professor to pick a student.

"Tyler, you can go ahead." The professor nods to the blond guy sitting a few seats across me.

As he stands, I begin to solve the problem on my notebook. 

The moment I'm done, I look up to see the professor waiting for Tyler to finish.

When he's done, he goes back to his seat and the professor stares at the board before nodding. "Good job, Tyler. You gave a detailed answer."

"Please check if your answers are right as I explain the problem." As soon as he says that, I look down at my answer and then to Tyler's.

Same answer.

As the professor explains the problem, I glance at my watch.

We only had a minute left. And it seems the professor knows that.

"The bell will ring any second now. So your homework will be on page 236 of your Calculus book, you just have to solve the problems listed on the page. If there are any questions, you can talk to me after class or send me an email. Have a great day, everyone."

As the bell rings, students grab their belongings before standing up.

Stepping out of the class, I walk through the hallways, excusing myself through the crowd of students that are dispersed in different areas until I reach my locker. 

After unlocking it, I place my books inside and take out my water.

My free class period would start in five minutes.

Deciding to go to the library, I start walking through the school until I see the familiar doors of the library's main entrance.

Pulling the door open, I walk inside and head my way to the desk.

The librarian smiles at me as I approach her.

"Hi, Claudia, a study room, please." I give her my student ID.

"Ah, you're finally learning." She nags.

"Of course, I've heard that you prefer being called by your first name."

"That's right. It makes me feel young. There was only one person who never called me by my first name, she always said that I didn't need my first name to feel young when I already was. She was definitely a sweetheart."