39

Copyright © MonMoncheese
All Rights Reserved
39 Published 04.06.2020

•••

JAMES

"She sounds like an angel." Alec sighs, placing a hand above his heart as he closes his eyes.

I stare at him weirdly and so does Nico and Vincent. Unlike the others, who look like they're trying not to laugh.

Surprisingly enough, this was nothing rare of Alec. 

Since we were kids, Alec has been very theatrical. 

We got used to it, but it doesn't make it any weirder to see him acting like that.

"Calm down, Alec. That's James' girl." Nico smacks Alec on the arm and he pouts in response.

"Not my girl." I remind them.

And they simply roll their eyes.

We were outside in the footy field, sitting on the bleachers. It was a last-minute decision to come here after we finished our lunch earlier.

"Just wait, mate." Nico says.

"And then she was so shy!" Alec suddenly cooes.

"But what did she say?" Ethan questions.

"Oh," Alec looks at Ethan and frowns.

"She didn't say much." Alec nodded with a thoughtful look. "It was mostly us introducing ourselves. And then James came and all hell broke loose."

"Oh yeah, he left a big bruise on his back that will surely take a while to heal." Nico points to the bruise Alec had on his upper back.

But Alec simply grins. "It was worth it."

Vincent sighs in response as he rubs his neck. "I'm still trying to remember where I heard her."

"Oooh," Alec shakes his index finger around. "Vincent seems to recognize her voice from somewhere?"

"Really?" Nathan looks up clearly intrigued by the conversation.

"Yeah, but I just can't remember where I hear it," Vincent responds, a frown on his face.

"What did she sound like?" Nathan asks.

"Well like Alec said, her voice is sweet but she was quiet with us. So it's a little hard to tell." Vince explains and Nathan simply nods.

The rest of us stay silent after that. Our eyes focused on the group of students who were running in the field with one of the couches in the middle.

"Dammit," Nate suddenly curses under his breath and I turn to look at him.

"What's wrong?" Bryson asks.

Nate simply stares at the field before turning to us. "I left my training shoes at home." He runs a hair through his hair in frustration. "I must have left them beside the couch this morning. And I need them for this afternoon."

"What about your backup?" Vincent asks.

"I got rid of my backup and I keep forgetting to buy another pair. I would go get them but we have this science experiment on my last class and it might take a while." Nathans grunts.