62

Copyright © MonMoncheese
All Rights Reserved
62 Published 05.14.2020
•••

JAMES

Placing the phone on the nightstand, I let out a frustrated sigh.

Why couldn't she believe me?

I want her to see what I see.

But she couldn't.

Rubbing my face with a grim look, I turn to the small body lying next to me.

"What am I going to do, Theo? How can I make her see the truth?" I stare at the little puppy with helpless eyes, hoping that he could give me the answer I was looking for.

Theo in return turns to his back and shows me his belly. With a cheeky grin. 

Letting out a chuckle, I begin to scratch his now full belly. "Of course you wouldn't know." 

But despite my question... I knew the answer.

Rose doesn't believe my words because of them.

The ones who hurt her. 

I stare at Theo as he turns to his side, his back facing me and I play with his fur.

But it didn't matter.

Because I would never give up on her.

I will make her see the truth.

The beauty I see in her. 

I would show it all to her.

Until she finally believes me.

Until she finally sees what I see.

With a yawn, I reach over the nightstand and turn off the lamp.

As the light dims down, I place the duvet over my torso and lay my head on the pillow.

Sleep soon takes over me while I remain completely unaware of the girl with brown eyes that would soon take over my dreams. 

•••

Walking out of the shower, I stand in front of the mirror and use my palm to wipe away the steam that had covered the mirror. 

Through my reflection, I watch as drops of water trail down my chest and I run a hand through my damp hair. 

The dampness giving it a darker look than its original colour. 

Grabbing a towel, I wrap it around my hips and use another towel to dry my chest.

As I finish getting ready my mind drifts to her.

Despite seeing her yesterday, I couldn't help but feel nervous.

She caused so many feelings to erupt inside me and I only wish she could feel the same for me. 

But did she?

Did she feel something for me at all?