Chapter 3

Kieran
My fist connect with the punching bag as I release all the anger in my body.

Never in a million years would think I would be in this position. My own mate is pushing me away. I'm twenty five years old. I've been an alpha since I was sixteen when my father passed away.

I've seen women got rejected by their mate. I've seen it all at this point. Except I haven't seen a woman push her mate away.

I know Delythena has a reason but I don't know what to do. I'm not getting any younger.

But I've gotten to the point where I don't know what to do. I haven't spoken to Delythena in a week. It's hard to be away from a mate but I understand she need time. But I also know the link will weaken over time.

"That bag can't take no more of your anger."

"Go away Brett."

"You've been pushing yourself to the limit for days. This isn't healthy."

"Hey Alpha...there's a woman here to see you. She's scary."

"Tell her to go away."

"I'm not going anywhere."

Delythena stepped into the gym with a glare. If looks could kill I would be dead.

"Delythena."

"You boys...out. Now."

"Excuse me?"

"Brett just go. You're playing with fire."

Brett huff and walk out.

"You finally decided you wanted to talk?"

"Dad talk some sense into me." She sit on the bench and I sit beside her. I flex with numb fingers. "I'm sorry. I never want a mate. Believe it or not but I grow up in a rather dysfunctional family."

"Let me understand."

"My mother cheated on my dad all through their relationship. She didn't care about the pain dad felt when she slept with other men. It got to the point where he wouldn't leave his bed. I was six when I catch her in bed. She didn't show remorse. She look at me and said the bond means nothing. She sleep around until the day she died. That the happiest I've seen my dad. I didn't want a mate. My mom scar me for life. This isn't easy for me."

"We can take this as slow as possible."

"Can you manage my short temper?"

I chuckle and run my hand through my hair. "Can you manage mine?"

"Don't make me punch you."

I chuckle. "I'm glad you came."

"Good thing. You were murdering that bag."

"The anger need to go somewhere. It was either the bag or my beta."

"Don't go around beating people."

She's one to talk.