Chapter 41

-Lucius-

They were the most adorable thing I've ever seen. What's surprise me the most are their eyes and hair. They have the blackest hair and bluest eyes I've ever seen. Del and I have brown hair and green eyes. They are going to break hearts.

"Amica Mea." I look up from the bassinet. "How are they?"

"Beautiful. The last one is a girl."

I wheel the bassinet to the side of the bed and sit. She sit up slowly and look at the babies. Her reaction is everything.

"You sure these are ours?"

"Yes. I'm sure."

She touch their hair with a feather touch.

"So have you decide a name?"

"Of course. Who is the first?" I point to the one with a frown on his face. "Demios Wren. The second will be name Kaelen Tory and last but not least my princess. Kalista Thalassa."

Well I can at least say I got my girl.

"Lucius? I don't feel so good."

I push the bassinet to the side and turn to Del. "What's is it Amica Mea?"

I press the button for the doctor and lay her down flat.

"Breath Del. Please breath."

"Look...after...them."

"No baby. You're going to stay here with me."

I got pull back and the doctors and nurses surround her.

My ears are ringing as I look at her pale face on the bed.

"Your Highness. I'm sorry."

Those dreaded words. It's on repeat in my head.

Such happy moments just...gone.

I walk over to the bed and I couldn't hold back the tears.

"Why? Why Del? I can't do this without you here."

I help her still warm hands.

"Life is so unfair. I promise on my life, I will protect them. You're death will not be for anything." I slide the ring off her finger. "Our little girl will wear this one day."

I wipe my cheeks and look at my babies.

"I'll grow them the best way I can. Maybe spoil them a bit too. I can hear you screaming at me already." I laugh through the tears. "God this is hard. I'll never get married again. That's a promise to you. I love you Delythena. I'll meet you again someday. This isn't goodbye."