Chapter 42

It's the middle of the night. I'm in the nursery cause I can't bear to enter my bedroom. I spend most of my time working from the nursery. Being away from the kids physically pain me.

"Lucius you can't stay in here forever. What's about the funeral?"

"Just a little longer mom." I rock Demios to sleep. The other two are already off in dream land.

"I know it hurt sweetheart. But Del wouldn't want you waste away your life in a room."

I look at the large photo of her on the wall. It's one of the many from her maternity photoshoot.

"I know. I can hear her screaming at me. Probably wishing she could hit me with something."

"You should take them out sometime. The boys want to meet them."

I nod.

The nursery is off limit. I'm not ready to share them with the world yet. Just a little more time.

Demios finally fell asleep so I place him down in the crib. I make sure he's sleeping before going to take a shower.

I was halfway through when I hear a sound from the room. Scared, I grab a towel and ran out.

"Get away from them!"

The figure turn around and all fight leave my body.

"Amica Mea."

"This isn't real. You're not hear."

I step back from the figure.

"For heaven sake Lucius. Two days is all it took for you to lock yourself away."

"How?" This has to be some prank or something. My wife died on that hospital bed.

"Don't know."

I sit on a chair trying to piece everything together. She's alive. She's alive.

"You're actually real."

"So do I get a kiss or something?"

I haven't move this fast in my life.

"Don't do that again." I'm holding my life right now. "Not again."

One of the babies start to cry so I pul away from Del and walk over to the crib. I yelp in surprise when I saw how red Kaelen eyes were. Something us wrong.

I pick him up and turn around.

"You're not my wife."

The woman laugh before her appearance start to change.

"It was easy to fool you." Her eyes widen and her head got flung to the side and into the wall. "What the hell? Ow!"

Her head cracked open and I curse. That's a fresh wallpaper.

The door open and mom and dad came in.

"What's going on?"

"Someone playing a sick joke."

I grab the wall and the walls shake.

I look down at Kaelen. "It's OK papa. The danger has passed."

"I think he has company."

I look to the crib and the other two were staring at me. I place Kaelen in with them and the shaking stop. They yawn before their eyes closed.

Three ticking time bombs.

Great.