Epilogue

-Fifteen Years Later-

What's worst than having grey hairs? Oh yeah teenagers. Demios is a menace to society, Kaelen is charming his ways into girls pants and Kalista is shopping my money away.

It's a charming life.

"Dad!" My office door flew open and Kalista came in. "My card won't work."

"I know." I stand up and walk pass her. 

"What? Dad!"

"Kalista you're a princess. Act like it."

"I'm acting like it."

Silly girl.

"You will not get them back until you can behave properly. Don't argue with me."

"I have a date." I stop and turn around slowly.

"No."

"But dad!"

"I said no! The last time, which was two weeks ago, you got kidnapped. You're not going out with some boy and that's final. You have duties and you will stick to them."

"Yes Dad." I turn around and continue to the kitchen.

"Dad."

"Kaelen. Where's your brother?"

"Beating someone up the last time I checked. Someone look at his girlfriend bad and so you know the rest."

"You kids are driving me crazy."

"So is almost that day again."

"It's OK bud. I'm a grown man. I'm handling it."

"You don't have to lie dad. We heard you sometimes after you return."

I look up from the sandwich I was making at him.

"We might now know her but you make us feel like she's still here. It's OK to cry. We don't see you any differently. You're a amazing dad and that won't change with a little tears."

I lean against the counter and run my hand through my hair.

It hard to believe its been fifteen years since she pass. Life has been going in slow motion. The kids have grown up good apart from them being annoying sometimes.

"Did I walk into something?"

"Don't be a dick Demios."

"Language."

"Sorry Dad."

"Our birthday is coming up dad. We plan to do something special for mom." I narrow my eyes at Demios. "I know I can be a ass sometimes but it's mom."

"OK. But first tell your sister to stop mopping around."

"Is it about that boy again? I told her I'll break his neck if I see them together again."

"OK. Kill someone and you're going to jail."

"She's my sister. I want to see someone try me."

He walk out of the kitchen and I shake my head. A menace to society I say.

But they are my kids and I love them.

"I did good Amica Mea."