Chapter 16

-Lucius-
Entering the castle I hand my bag to one of the maids.

"My baby is home."

"Hello mother."

"Don't be so formal." She tried to wrap her tiny arms around me. "You're tanned."

"It was a good vacation."

She pull away and roll her eyes.

"We both know you were running away from Lady Isabelle."

"She's no lady." I walk around her and head upstairs. "Why does this place feel more depressed than when I first left?"

"Didn't you hear? Alpha Christian Windermere pass away yesterday."

"How is Delythena?"

"See for yourself." I walk to the closest window. "She's a ticking time bomb. I haven't seen or hear her cry."

I frown as I see how brutal she was with her training. A training i better stop before she pull a music or kill someone.

"I'll take care of it."

I head back downstairs and out the door. I hurry to the training ground and grab her.

"That's enough Delythena. Training is over everyone."

I pull her to the side and sit her on a bench.

"I'm sorry isn't going to bring back your father I know. But you don't have to go through this alone."

"I'm OK." I turn her face so she was looking at me.

"You're not OK. I know you're in pain. It's OK to cry."

She break down.

"It's going to be OK." I can't imagine losing a parents.

She cried until I don't know if she has any tears left. She's always the strong one in her group. They say alphas don't cry but that's bullshit. Everyone cried. They are human after all.

"Are you OK now?"

"A little. Thank you."

"It's OK to cry when you feel like it. Showing emotions are normal."

"You don't show it."

I chuckle. "Well, never have a reason to. Head up and freshen up. It's almost time for lunch."

"I'm going back home. Dad's funeral is in threw days."

"Then go be with your family. They are more important."

"Thank you Your Highness."

"It's Lucius. Now go." She nod and get up. I watch her walk away and sigh. She has the responsibility of alpha now. That's going to be hard on her.