Black Family Values

130 AC. Dragonstone

Daemon returns home with his daughters. Upon arrival, he is greeted by his wife and sons. Rhaenyra walks hand in hand with her youngest two while Jace and Luke walk towards them. The look of disappointment was noticed by Rhaenyra.

 The look of disappointment was noticed by Rhaenyra

Rhaenyra: I have missed you, husband.
Daemon: Well, if you were only to come with, that could have been avoided.
Rhaenyra: I had to stay with *interrupted*
Daemon: Enough. *picks up little Viserys*

Baela and Rhaena move forward to greet their family. Luke goes in for embraces.

Luke: Welcome back.
Baela: Why weren't you there?
Luke: I wanted to be, but my mother forbade it.
Baela: You don't always have to do as she says, you know.
Jace: We were needed here.
Rhaena: Tis a shame. *calls over to Rhaenyra* You should have seen him.
Rhaenyra: My dear?
Baela: Ahsokas son?
Luke: How was he?
Deamon: Healthy. Beautiful.
Jace: I wonder why.
Luke: Just shut up about that! It's not true!
Jace: Mother has said *interrupted*
Rhaenyra: Boys! Enough! Let us go inside.

The family goes inside the castle, where Daemon immediately heads to his chambers. Followed by Rhaenyra, who leaves her children to their own devices.

Rhaenyra: Daemon.
Daemon: Rhaenyra.
Rhaenyra: I do not know what you expect of me.
Daemon: I expect you to be a mother to your children.
Rhaenyra: *scoffs* Wh *interrupted*
Daemon: To all! Of your children.

Rhaenyra looks down, fidgeting with her rings like she always did when she was anxious and trying to collect to thoughts.

Rhaenyra: Our daughter *interrupted*
Daemon: Which?
Rhaenyra: *glares* Our. Daughter. She deserved to live.
Daemon: And it wasn't Ahsoka that denied her that chance.
Rhaenyra: You don't know that! There is no telling what she's capable.
Daemon: I do know that! She is your daughter Rhaenyra. She is my daughter.
Rhaenyra: No, she is not. She belongs to Laenor. She is not your daughter. You owe her nothing.
Daemon:  So are Baela and Rhaena not your daughters? Are Luke and Jacaerys not my sons?
Rhaenyra: *sighs* That is different.
Daemon: Because you've made it that way! You should have seen them. The Greens. The way they doted on her. Treated her like one of their own.
Rhaenyra: A trick.
Daemon: She called Aegon brother...
Rhaenyra: *eyes widen*
Daemon: She told Alicent, "I have no mother." I told her of what you said about Visenya. She was heartbroken.
Rhaenyra: We lost our daughter Daemon!
Daemon: AND WE ARE ABOUT TO LOSE ANOTHER!

Daemon is fuming. How could Rhaenyra ever think this? She had gone mad. She wasn't the woman Daemon married.

Daemon: Anakin.
Rhaenyra: What?
Daemon: Anakin. That's his name.
Rhaenyra: *breath hitches*
Daemon: He was beautiful. A pure blooded Valyrian. White hair... Violet eyes.

Rhaenyra just stares at her husband. She can't bring herself to say anything at this point.

Daemon: There is more. Ahsoka chose an egg for the cradle. It was an egg from the Hall of Stone.
Rhaenyra: Those *interrupted*
Daemon: Are dead. Yes. But she... she brought one back. Turned it from stone to flesh right before our eyes. Placed it in the cradle, and it hatched days after the birth of her son. The baby dragon immediately nuzzled into his chest. An immediate bond, Rhaenyra.
Rhaenyra: *breath hitches* Well.
Daemon: It was the egg.
Rhaenyra: What egg?
Daemon: THE egg. *gives cloth*

Rhaenyra takes the blue cloth in hand. Obviously, it's one of Ahsokas. She unwraps it and almost loses her footing at the sight of the white dragon shell. The shell again is very distinctive. Only one like it in the entire world. Rhaenyra remembers when her father would walk her through the Hall of Stone when she was a child. He would teach her all about the magic of Dragon Eggs and how they hatch. She also remembers seeing the egg known as "The White Terror." Allegedly the twin of Balerion The Black Dread. This giving it a reputation as a mere egg. Now. That egg has hatched...

Daemon: The White Terror.
Rhaenyra: She... turned *interrupted*
Daemon: Yes. She can turn stone eggs into flesh. She can now give life to dead hatchlings Rhaenyra. She had The King send word to the free cities. Anyone who gives over their stone dragon eggs will be rewarded.
Rhaenyra: *breath hitches*
Daemon: She is a wonder Rhaenyra. And you exile her. She is powerful. She is Old Valyria! But most importantly, she is your child! She has made claim that you are never to meet her children.

Rhaenyra looks up from the shell at her husband. What did he just say to her?

Daemon: She claims to forgive you. You. Jacaerys.
Rhaenyra: Well, perhaps *interrupted*
Daemon: She said she forgives you. So she may let you go.
Rhaenyra: Daemon?
Daemon: She says you have made her choice for her... I fear she may now side with the greens.
Rhaenyra: Ahsoka would never do that. I am her mother!
Daemon: Are you? Or is Alicent Hightower?
Rhaenyra: *jaw clenches*
Daemon: Alicent was so loving towards Ahsoka. So gentle. So... motherly. She held Ahsoka as she cried. Saying all she wanted was her mother.

Tears start to well up in Rhaenyras' eyes. There are so many emotions swirling around her. She has had so much time spent wallowing in her self-pity and ignorance. Now, she felt sadness and regret.

Rhaenyra: I shall write to her.
Daemon: Can't imagine what good that will do.
Rhaenyra: I am her mother.
Daemon: Ahsoka has made it clear. You chose to alienate and scrutinize her, her entire life. For her skin color and Valyrian features when they are something to celebrate. Her son. He looked just like her Rhaenyra.
Rhaenyra: I can do better *interrupted*
Daemon: You can't do anything. She has moved on from you. From Jacaerys. She wants nothing to do with either of you. I am just glad that doesn't extend to the rest of us.

Daemon leaves his apartments to get away from Rhaenyra. Whay had she done? She made her own child a villain in her mind. Rhaenyra looks down in her hand at the shell in sadness. A sadness that soon turns to anger. Anger at Queen Alicent for stealing away her daughter. Her only daughter!

xJadisT

xJadisT