The Attack On Driftmark

138 AC. Driftmark

Ahsokas head was foggy, and all she could see was red. She killed a number of pirates and soldiers on the beaches. With Jelmāzma she claimed life after life. She looked upon a dornish general lay dead at her feet. Looks as if he has a letter in hand. Ahsoka picks it up and shoves it in between her breasts to keep it safe. She couldn't allow her focus to be lost. "There she is!" Ahsoka heard over he shoulder. She was indeed the target of this attack. For the most part. This army was retaliation for Ahsokas efforts in the Stepstones.

The Stepstones are a chain of islands between the southern narrow sea and the northwestern Summer Sea. The islands are east of Dorne in Westeros and west of the Disputed Lands in Essos. The Stepstones are notoriously filled with pirate dens. In and of themselves this small chain of rocky islands is worthless - however, the major sea lanes between the narrow sea and the Summer Sea have to pass through the straits between the Stepstones, making them strategically very important. All the sea trade to the east coast of Westeros and to five out of nine of the Free Cities has to pass through the Stepstones to reach the other major markets of the world. For that matter, most merchant ships hug the coasts instead of sailing out into the deep oceans, thus even shipping lanes going to and from the west coast of Westeros - and the major, ancient ports of Oldtown and Lannisport - also have to pass close by the Stepstones, putting them in striking range of any fleets stationed there. The war for the stepstones was to secure the independence of Dorne as well as allow pirates to take what they wanted from passing ships. But Ahsoka had ruined that plan. According to legend, the Stepstones are remnants of the Arm of Dorne, a land bridge that once linked Westeros and Essos. More than ten thousand years ago, the First Men used that land-bridge to cross into what is now known as Dorne to begin their invasion of Westeros. During the breaking, the greenseers of the children of the forest are said to have used magic to shatter the land bridge into an archipelago named the Stepstones, located between the Broken Arm and the Disputed Lands. The Freehold of Valyria established Tyrosh as a military outpost to control trade near the Stepstones. Slavers from the Stepstones captured the Wolf's Den at the mouth of the White Knife during the reign of King Edrick Stark, and pirates from the isles also sometimes attacked the eastern riverlands and Vale of Arryn There are pockets of Rhoynar on the islands dating back to the migration of Nymeria's ten thousand ships. Whatever control the Valyrians may have once exerted over the Stepstones collapsed after the Doom of Valyria, and pirates apparently thrived there during the chaos of the subsequent Century of Blood. By the time of the Targaryen Conquest, one century after the Doom, the Stepstones were already home to a large number of pirates. The Seven Kingdoms and the Free Cities have fought for control over some or all of the islands, but these gains were always temporary. Myr and Lys of the Free Cities have constantly engaged in wars over possession of the Stepstones.

Ahsoka came out crouched behind a bush to meet the eyes of none other than Racallio Ryndoon. The man who led the war on the stepstones. The man Ahsoka defeated. This guy was an interesting character. And by interesting, some would call quite mad. "Queer" even. Racallio Ryndoon was a devious Tyroshi captain-general who declared himself King of the Narrow Sea. Racallio was gluttonous and a drunkard. He spoke a dozen dialects of High Valyrian and was notoriously foul-mouthed. Racallio was open-handed, freely giving plunder to his men or coins to beggars. Fierce in battle, the captain-general was ambidextrous with his swords. He threw bones before battles to decide which god he would sacrifice to in hopes of victory. However, according to storie about him, the man sometimes dressed as a woman and pretended to be a whore. He was said to work his way through the pleasure houses in Tyrosh. He had a dozen wives at home as well. Racallio sometimes ordered his dozen wives to beat him. None know why. He was quite a contradictory person, Racallio loved kittens but not cats, pregnant women but not children. And now. He was here. In her home. Threatening her family... His eyes dance over her body. Her body thick and plump. With titts the size of melons. Her strong legs that lead perfectly into her wide hips. A soft belly due to the years of pregnancy and child birth. Ahsoka had a body built for motherhood and war. It was a combination of muscle and plump flesh. Something Racallio drooled over.