Also Gone

The Funeral

The Funeral

Chae sat quietly in front of her parent's photos. Tears never left her cheeks. Her eyes got swollen as she kept staring at the photos. Jungkook who was greeting the guests, kept glancing at his wife now and then. All of the relative and friends, including Jungkook's family were there to help.

"Jungkook -ah, Chae didn't eat since the afternoon. She needs to eat. Go, take her to eat something." Mrs. Min said pushing Jungkook toward Chae. Jungkook nodded and bowed at the elders and went to his wife.

"Chae..." He put his hand on her shoulder. She didn't respond. Jungkook sighed.

"You need to eat, Chae. Everyone worries even more, if you're being like this." Jungkook said wrapping his arms around her body and pulled her up.

"I'm not hungry." She said lowly.

"But you didn't eat since this afternoon."

"I don't want to eat."

"Please, Chae" Chae sighed didn't say anything but let Jungkook drag her into a room. AhnNa was there with a plate of food and water.

"Chae-ah, you need to eat. You have a little one with you. You don't want to make your baby hungry, right?" AhnNa said patting Chae's shoulder. Jungkook pushed her to sit on the couch and handed the plate. Chae took it obediently and started to eat slowly with her blank puffy eyes.

That night Chaewon refused to sleep until mid-night. Jungkook was worried as hell. Same to everyone, they kept telling her to sleep. But she just shook her head and continued to stare at the coffins and photos.

"Go, bring her home and let her sleep." Suga said to Jungkook who was staring at his lifeless wife. Jin, AhnNa and Rapmon sighed in unison. Jimin and V were asleep on each other's head and shoulder on the chair beside while J-Hope sat quietly beside. It was mid-night already plus they were so exhausted. They all were tired, but it's not the big deal. Chae was the most important since she's pregnant plus she refused to sleep and eat well.

"Hyung, is there anything wrong with the accident?" Jungkook asked.

"I'm not sure. But the police is investigating."

"Do you think it can be related with my stepmother?"

"That could be a point that we should consider but as long as we have no evident, we can't do anything."

"I'll not let it go if it's that witch's action."

"Sure. Go, bring your wife home." Suga nodded hitting Jungkook's shoulder gently.

"Ok. Thanks hyungs. Goodbye Noona. You should rest too."

"Alright" AhnNa nodded.

Jungkook let out a big sigh and went to Chae.

"Chae, let's go. You need to sleep."

"I don't go anywhere, Jungkook." She shook her head. Jungkook sighed again wrapping his arms around her and lift her up bridal style.