005

"It's eight fucking thirty and she's nowhere to be found

"It's eight fucking thirty and she's nowhere to be found. I swear if I got dressed up for nothing, I'm gunna kill someone." Caia sighed angrily as she smoothed down the front of her flowing sundress. It was nearing fall, but still the temperature was as warm as summer. All she needed was a light jean jacket and a pair of sandals to finish it off.   

"You're hardly dressed up" Rellik scoffed as he too looked in a full length mirror across the room. The crew, apart from Justin and Carter, all sat in Caia's dorm room to get ready for the movie marathon that was happening on the school's large football field. They would all walk down as soon as Carter and Justin met them at Caia's dorm, also bringing what would be majority of the blankets. 

"You rarely talk Rellik, and it seems the times I want you to stay quiet you say something stupid," she turned from the mirror to face the leather-clad teen before giving him a false smile. 

Brushing back his hair for the final time with his fine tooth comb he kept in his back pocket, he gave a tight smile and nodded slightly. It was a gesture of his that all of them had learned over the years meant he'd follow your command without putting up his usual fight.

"Maybe when Carter and Justin show up, Blink will too." Reagan spoke out loud as she leaned against Wyatt's chest, the both of them sat on Caia's bed as they rested against the wall. 

"Nah" Wyatt responded. "It wouldn't be right. She hasn't disappeared for a petty five days in a long time. It'd be too soon."

"Too soon for what?" Carter bound through the door, throwing the stack of folded blankets he was carrying at Wyatt and Reagan. "Too soon for you love birds to start making out? How about you let us get through the first movie this time before we have to hear you guys trying to swallow each other's tongues" 

Reagan blushed profusely, her face turning bright red before she decided to stuff her face in Wyatt's neck as if that would make her disappear. 

"Oh, lay off Carter" Wyatt secretly giggled as he threw a blanket at Carter's face. 

"They were talking about Blink" Caia sighed, answering the real question. 

"She's back?" Justin asked, making sure to be as discrete as possible even though it was quite obvious to the others that he was a bit concerned. 

"Nope" Wyatt added.

"Bullshit" Caia shook her head, snatching up the stack of blankets that Carter was supposed to carry down to the field. 

"Is it just me, Caia, or are you always PMSing?" Carter's face was actually inquisitive, but he couldn't keep up the look for long when he got a wild smack to the arm from the blonde. 

x x x x x x x 

"So what exactly is this whole thing about?" Justin asked Sarah who the group had conveniently ran into on the way down.