006

Making sure the coast was clear, Justin sighed before he made his way towards the door he saw Blink disappear through

Making sure the coast was clear, Justin sighed before he made his way towards the door he saw Blink disappear through. He knew for a fact it wasn't the building her dorm was located in so why had she gone in?   

After entering the building, he turned left, knowing he had at least seen her go that way. When he made it to the end of the hall, that was when he had no clue where to go. Had she went right or left, or even up the steps? 

Then he heard it. It was soft from where he stood, but he was pretty sure if he followed it, it would get louder and boy did it. 

Flying up the multiple level of stairs, Justin found himself on the sixth floor. The second from the top and all way down the hallway to the right was the most beautiful noise he'd ever heard: The notes of a piano. 

The door to the room was nearly shut, but the crack in the door allowed him to peek in and spot the sight of Blink at an all black Fazioli piano. A piano even he knew cost a fortune. But, Jesus did she make it sound like a million bucks. The music poured out of the instrument as the elegant flow of her fingers moved up and down the ivory keys.

She was leaned forward with her hair shielding her face, however she wasn't looking at the keys. Whatever she was playing, she knew by heart and her eyes squeezing closed in utter pain is what told you exactly that. 

The longer she went, the stronger the notes got and the more furiously her hands moved up and down the keys. She was such a closed off person, a person who didn't utter a thing about herself, but this was enough for Justin to see that she was pouring her heart out. She was telling a story that she couldn't tell by mouth, but instead by the composition of notes. 

He didn't notice that his fingers were gripping the edge of the door, his conscience telling him to move closer. Before he realized that it was even happening, the door was being opened and the creaking it made created a sinister disruption. A disruption that threw Blink out of her open mental state. A disruption that caused her hands to collapse suddenly over the keys. It was a horrid sound compared to what they had both just been listening to. 

"How long have you been there?" Blink questioned, still not moving from her position over the keys. 

Justin's words were stuck in his throat, the lump he had dealt with so many times in his life lodging in his throat and stopping his word flow. He was now completely in the room and he didn't know if she was angry enough to chase him out or beat him out.

He knew it was personal...he knew he should have left after Caia and her stopped fighting. He should have returned to the field. God, why hadn't he? Now he was standing here like a breathless dork and he wasn't ready for another situation that would make Blink disappear. 

"Either sit down or get out" she seemed emotionless at this point, like all her emotions had just been played out in notes, only for them to float away. "Close the door"