054

Blink didn't remember falling asleep

Shifting on the bed so she lied on her back, consciousness slowly engulfed her as she sighed deeply.

She was waking up, thinking back to how she'd locked the door and laid down on her bed, not even putting on her pajamas in case she had to go searching for Justin. She never got that far though because as the dozens of minutes passed and Justin nor the sounds of his footsteps approached, she'd decided to climb on the bed and pray for him to come back.

Blink, a girl who hesitantly believed in the big man upstairs and rarely ever prayed unless in a dire emergency, had sunk to her knees and clasped her hands together.

She couldn't remember what she'd specifically said.

Her thoughts were too jumbled and even as her eyes had squeezed tight in absolute fear and the beginning of tears graced her lashes, she hadn't let them fall. She wouldn't cry in front of Him.

That's if he was even listening.

She seemed to think he wasn't depending on how her life was going and the position she was in.

So as half an hour passed and the sky grew darker, Blink slugged to the bed, swearing off Justin and his booze and his definition of twenty minutes. With the exhaustion from being sick over the week, the tension between her and Justin, and the hassle of their flight, she couldn't help but fall victim to the Sandman.

Now as she shifted out of her sleep, her eyebrows furrowing at the feel of a heavy weight over her and the supple feel of lips upon her neck, she groaned.

The lights in the room she was sure she'd left on were now out and as she turned her head to look out the stained glass window, she realized it was still night and that she'd fell asleep waiting on Justin.

Groaning as the lips continued up her neck and behind her ear, she squinted into the night time, only now realizing that Justin was practically straddling her. His face was shoved into the crook of her neck where he lay firm kisses, his hair tickling her jaw and his scent invading her mind.

He smelled a little different though.

"Justin..." She laughed slightly at the feel of him sucking on her sweet spot. "It's fucking late, where've you been all night?"

He didn't respond when she thought he would. He only continued to kiss his way down her throat and in between the cleavage her shirt offered to show.

"I waited for a long time...You didn't come back right away like you said," she stopped to moan at the feel of his hands massaging her breast. "I almost thought you left."

Then it clicked.

From the way the moonlight was filtering through the stained glass window, she'd assumed his hair had taken on a slightly darker shade due to the watercolor tints, but it was almost too different.