055

As soon as she was relieved of the pressure, she too jumped over the side, ignoring the ladder she usually used and the adamant shaking of her entire body

Practically lunging for the lights, she made sure to keep her eyes trained on his form as soon as she had the overhead lights on and the two lamps in the room on to their brightest setting.

As Shane took a step forward, Blink stumbled back, her feet nearly causing her to trip over the art supplies on the floor. "Stay back" she whispered out, pushing her back against the wall as he held his hands out as if to say he wasn't coming towards her any further.

"Don't you think if I wanted to hurt you, I would've already?" He questioned.

Blink thought about it for a second, a second too long in her opinion. She shook her head immediately as she further flattened herself against the wall, not caring if she disrupted the dozens of sheets of paper clinging to it. Blink was sure he'd hurt her...maybe not in that way but he was good at hurting her both mentally and emotionally, too.

"What do you want from me?"

"I told you I want to talk," he grinned as he turned to look upon the doodles on the wall behind him.

"You didn't have to pin me to the bed and assault me to do it." Blink's words were filled with repugnance as she said them.

"Assault you?" His voice was full of amusement. "Oh baby, how many times did you used to love it when I woke you up like that. Even the RA caught us in here after curfew hundreds of times with me on top of you and you moan—"

Blink slapped her hands over her ears then, not caring to hear the rest. She didn't care about what they used to do and how much she enjoyed it. Things were different now— completely different.

"Stop!" She made sure to say it loud enough to stop him.

"It's not like that now. I regret it being like that then. I don't want to talk about that." Her voice although timid was final and Shane stopped.

"So fuck me then?" He scoffed suddenly. "You have some new toy and after you've thrown me in jail, you couldn't give a shit what happens then. You and Rellik both! Fuck both of you for throwing me in there and not paying a single goddamn visit"

"Between school and..."

"Disappearing" he finished for her while nodding. "I guess phone calls were just as hard then"

Blink blinked quickly, her eyes flashing to her empty hands. "I don't have a phone, Shane"

He dug into his back pocket and Blink watched as his fist closed around a phone similar to the one she'd spoken to Rellik on the previous day. Actually, as she looked closer, she realized it was the exact same one.

He threw it to her feet, the shiny apple sign reflecting the light from the room. Blink panicked upon realizing it was Justin's phone. She grew worried for him, hoping that he'd simply walked back to his dorm and had just fallen asleep, not knowing that any of this was occurring. But if she remembered correctly, she knew he'd had it in his back pocket as he promised to be back quickly.