009

"Goddammit" Carter entered the room and threw his book bag to the floor near his bed

"Goddammit" Carter entered the room and threw his book bag to the floor near his bed. Slouching into the swivel chair in front his desk, an afternoon on his laptop was all the comfort he needed from the stressful school day. 

"What's up?" Justin turned off the tv as he turned to listen to Carter. 

"I think Blink took off again" Carter sighed. "It always upsets Caia to no end. I get that it's her best friend, but she's hurt by it every time like its something new and totally out of the blue" 

"Yeah, that sucks" Justin shook his head before he decided that turning the tv back on would save him from the awkward silence. 

"Why do you act so uninterested now?" Carter asked quite harshly. His tone of voice was different from what Justin usually expected. Why was everyone so angry all the time? 

"What do you mean?" Justin shrugged. 

"I don't know. You act like you couldn't care less about Blink or Caia or any of us" Carter stood quickly and began to pace. "I don't get it. One day you're all for hanging out with us and the next you want nothing to do with us. Jesus Justin, Blink and I practically saved your life on Monday"

"Why are you so sensitive?" Justin chuckled emotionlessly. It was like he had finally had enough. No one cared, so why should he?

"I felt like I was following you around like a lost puppy and I realized I was. It's not that I like you guys any less, I've just been hanging out with Sarah lately. She doesn't give a fuck about anything and that's nice to be around" He shrugged again. 

"This is about what Rellik said isn't it..." Carter inquired after he sat thinking for a minute. 

"You didn't actually take him serious did you? The kid is out of his mind, dude. He's paranoid about everything and says that about everyone, including Blink and they're damn near best friends" Carter slapped his thighs as he laughed. Too bad Justin wasn't. 

"What's wrong with him?" Justin asked. He was referring to the way Rellik had grasped tightly to his chest earlier in the day. "Blink said something about a condition"

"Nothing that I know of." Carter looked around the room as if reminiscing. "Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen that kid sick. Not even a cold" 

Justin decided not to say anything. Carter obviously didn't know if Rellik was truly sick and if anyone would know, it was Blink and being forced to talk to her alone all thanks to Rellik was enough. He didn't want to talk to her just to ask that. 

"Maybe you should go talk to her" Carter began to untie his shoes as he sat on the side of his bed. 

"Everyone keeps saying that" Justin groaned, throwing his head back onto his pillow. 

"Well there you go, that means you have to. Chicks call that fate or something. Now you just have to wait for her to come back, which could be weeks from now." 

"I don't think she's gone. Has anyone checked her dorm?" Justin questioned as he pulled his hoodie over his head and snatched his keys up from his desk. 

"I don't know. Maybe Caia did. I've never been to her dorm" he shrugged. 

This is way too short 100x. Vote...or don't xx