016

Like weeks before, the whole group was together at the local cafe

Like weeks before, the whole group was together at the local cafe. Carter and Caia being the motormouths of the group kept the conversation up for hours, opposed to Rellik who continuously rolled his eyes and sighed out at all the endless interaction. 

As usual, Wyatt was sat across from them, a spread of papers in front of him along with his calculator by his side, with a pencil in hand, writing a mile a minute. He was mumbling calculations, Reagan talking to him individually as she hugged close to his hunched over form. 

Together Justin and Blink sauntered through the door and over towards the circular table, taking the only available seats left. 

"And where have you two been?" Caia asked, grinning teeth and all, earning a hard nudge to the ribs from Blink. 

Ignoring her friends momentarily, Blink waved over the waiter ordering a cup of black coffee before asking Justin if he wanted anything. 

"Fucking" she replied nonchalantly. 

"Wyatt man what work could you possibly be doing when winter break is tomorrow?" Justin questioned as he leant back in his chair and spread his arm out on the back of Blink's chair. 

"I had to hound my teachers to give me the work that's due a couple of weeks after we return. This way I can focus on my physics and calculus midterm." He actually stopped writing for a minute to answer Justin.

"Midterms aren't for another month" Caia added. 

"Yeah, I persuaded them to let me take them right when we get back too" he shrugged. 

Leaning forward onto the table, Carter rolled his eyes. "Why are you such an overachiever again?" 

"The quicker I get things done, the more time I get to do whatever the hell I want."

"Yeah, like fuck your girlfriend in public" Rellik laughed after Blink's retort. "Just because I wasn't at that party doesn't mean I don't hear things. Why don't you guys ever lock the door...what is that like the third or fourth time?" 

Reagan cleared her throat, a clear indication that she didn't want to be the topic of conversation, let alone on something so embarrassing. Her cheeks were apple red and when she noticed everyone's eyes burning into her she quickly waved them off and leant further into Wyatt's side. 

"Speaking of winter break, what's everyone doing?" Wyatt asked to spring the attention off of his girlfriend. 

"I'm flying out to Hawaii first thing to meet my parents" Caia smiled widely at Carter who groaned and rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah we get it, your parents always bring you on lavish vacations. Next?" 

"Reagan and I are going on a road trip, stopping in Florida and coming back"  Wyatt shrugged. 

"My dad is making me visit a few colleges" Carter whined.