061

"I'm uncomfortable

"I'm uncomfortable." She decided being blunt was best.

She had even spared him from her original 'fuck no'.

"That's because you're not laying on the bed"

Her glare fixed on the single motel bed transitioned to her ex. His light brown hair had been successfully whipped around from the unrelenting wind. He looked a bit disgruntled and she was happy he was just as uneasy despite his joking.

"I already hated the idea of sharing a room, but you can't even have enough decency to get double beds?"

Shane moved further into the motel room— It could best be described as a tiny, single bedroom apartment. The bed nearly touching the two seater couch that was just opposite of the door to the bathroom.

"Weren't you the one who said saving money was vital?" He smiled back at her while dropping his bag to the floor by the small coffee table.

The hairs at the back of Blink's neck stood on end and she looked back to make sure her back was nearly touching the door Shane had closed minutes ago.

He had shut her in. Forcing her to stay in such a confined space with him. The door was locked and something told her that even if she screamed bloody murder, the unenthusiastic motel manager and the few other roomers wouldn't care.

"This isn't funny"

"I don't hear any one of us laughing." Shane paid her little attention as he removed his shoes, the left before the right, and his jean jacket.

"Why do you love making me so damn uncomfortable?"

"Sometimes Blink," he turned to face her then, his sharp eyes taking in her vulnerable stance, "you have to feel a little uncomfortable to move on. How in the hell will we ever move on if you think I'm gunna attack you at every second?"

"Maybe you shouldn't grab my wrist and drag me into some room no matter how much I protest." She knew he was testing her and that's why she didn't allow an inch of anger to coat her words.

"We've been walking all day. I want to lay down and relax. If I had let you stand outside the door and take your time coming in, we'd be up all night"

Blink huffed. Her hand moving to her temple so she could massage it briefly.

"Calm down," Shane knew better than to approach her. So, he perched himself on the arm of the love-seat, watching as she seemed to breathe heavier.

"I was going to take the couch anyway." His large hand swung out, gesturing to the hard bed covered by a thin, but ugly floral duvet. "Have the bed."

Blink looked at him wearily. He only winked, falling back over the side of the couch and onto it's cushions, his arm already springing out to grab the remote to turn the tv on.

It took nearly ten minutes, but when Shane hadn't moved a muscle, the only sounds from him being laughter as he watched a stunt show, Blink exhaled and made her way to the queen bed.