038

Blink would never admit it

Blink would never admit it. Never in a million years, but the words Justin muttered before the two engaged in a silent car ride to the airport had stuck with her.

Over and over again—

Like a malicious record player

You Love To Make It Sting Don't You?

You love to make it sting don't you?

Was she a total bitch if she admitted that yes, she loved to make it sting? She loved to make them hurt for hurting her... for offending her in some type of way.

Of course she didn't have to make things so personal all the time. She didn't have to mention Rellik's weak heart before she stomped out of his room. She didn't have to acknowledge Justin's lack of attention at home back at the fountain. She didn't have to spit on Sarah's family problems before she threw a stack of cash in her face, and she certainly didn't have to mention Jameson's money after firing him and then taking his own town car to the airport.

She didn't have to, but she had to.

It was a sort of battle with her conscience. How was it that people were allowed to remind her of how bad of a person she was, about how poor she was, or how unfortunate she was? She wasn't perfect. Not anywhere close to it, but somehow the small arguments she had in life had her running and breaking off relationships with people.

And yet, through all of it, it seemed like she was the only one who was doing something wrong. It was her against the world in her mind. It had always been that way from very early on in her life. So why was she constantly tainted with her errors while everyone else seemed to be living so effortlessly?

It wasn't making sense...none of it was. She was pretty sure even her thoughts weren't making a solid argument.

"We have arrived" the aged driver spoke as he pulled to a stop on the runway.

Confused as to why they were already on the tarmac and not going through the usual customs for airport security, Blink turned to ask Justin, but he was already stepping out of the car. The impatient slam of his door had Blink biting the inside of her cheek.

That's right, he's not talking to you

Why exactly?

Cause you're a pessimistic bitch who ruins everything in her wake

Sounded about right.

Blink began chewing on her thumbnail as she stared out of the front windshield. She watched as Justin approached the small group of people who stood outside of the jet. The stairs, which they neared, were clearly ready to be ascended.

"Where are we?" She questioned.

"Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport" was the driver's response.