048

"Excuse me? Are you ok?"

It was coming from behind her. It was the voice of someone concerned.

She guessed she'd be concerned too if she wandered past someone hurling up their guts in the narrow alleyway behind a club.

Blink wiped her mouth first, spitting out a ball of saliva churned with stomach acid before turning to address the girl behind her.

Like everyone in LA, the girl wore a shimmering dress tighter than tight with heels that were higher than high. And you couldn't miss the diamond necklace hugging her collarbones like it was glued into place. Beneath the dazzling layers of makeup, Blink could see the actual concern on the girl's face. Behind her stood a few girls dressed alike and two guys who looked wary about their friend's entry into an alleyway.

"I'm ok" Blink waved her off abruptly as her stomach rolled violently before she could thank her.

"Are you sure?" The girl stepped closer. "We don't have a car, but we have a party bus coming. We could drop you off at the hospital"

Blink, with her back to the girl, looked down shamefully at the vomit. It was the chicken she'd had for dinner and something green. She couldn't remember what she'd eaten. She couldn't remember what Justin's mom had made.

Broccoli maybe?

"I'm ok," she reiterated. "My friend should be here any minute. I just had a little too much before they got here" she laughed to entertain the lie.

The girl nodded, though she looked skeptical.

"Really, I'm ok. Thanks though"

When the girl and her loud friends finally disappeared around the corner, Blink sighed heavily, allowing the fresh air to cool her heated cheeks. Slumping against the dirty bricks of some club's back entrance, she wiped her forehead of the remaining sweat.

She'd stormed out of Justin's after the remnants of guilt began to cloud the features of his boyish face. She didn't know where she was going or where she was going to stay until she calmed down enough to contemplate going back.

Her thoughts turned into minutes, minutes turned into hours, and hours turned into her stumbling out of Justin's neighborhood and down to the nearest bar that she could afford. It was crazy in her opinion on how a few thousand miles could turn the same glass of whiskey from six dollars a glass to fifteen.

As selfish as it had been, she'd used some of the money she was supposed to be sending to her dad's men to buy a few drinks. Three drinks if she was counting. More like two and a half, if you counted the one she vomited before making it to the third.

Something was wrong

Something was very wrong 

Maybe she should've taken that girl up on her offer.