017

Overlapping one hand over the other, Justin blew a steady stream of hot air into his huddled fists before bringing his backpack from his shoulder down to the ground beside his sneakers

Sighing, he drank in the sight of the running fountain. It was a rather large circular fountain, its charcoal colored stone dampening the mood even further than the dark sky and cumulous cloud hadn't already covered. Lined with copper piping that sprayed a multitude of water arcs, in the center stood a statue of the school's founder. Tunbridge College, named after Milton Tunbridge who inherited the 330 acres and decided to build a school and church for the local children.

Look at where that got us, Justin thought. The mental images appearing suddenly of the thousands of different personalities that walked the school's halls from all over the country. Not exactly the idea Milton had in mind, especially since the students here focused their lives more on social events than schoolwork.

Due to the frosty persistence of the weather, a laminated sign was perched on a stand next to the fountain mentioning the shutting off of the fountain later in the evening for the rest of the season. Justin was sure that would kill the groomed vision of the place, especially for being the middle of campus.

Speaking of, Justin had no idea why Blink, such a secretive person, had chosen such a public place to meet. Not that it was very public at the moment. The sidewalks that circled the fountain were desolate, the grassy fields were just as empty, and not a soul moved behind the glass walls of the campus buildings. 

He wasn't so worried about anyone spotting them together, since anyone could look out of their dorm room at this moment, but a feeling deep in his gut told him that wherever Blink was taking him is what caused her usual departures off of school grounds.

Stealing a glance at his watch, Justin scoffed at the time. It was eight minutes after seven and not only was he was on time, but no matter what direction he seemed to look in, Blink was nowhere in sight.

And to think he actually crammed in an argument at dawn with Sarah, making sure to cut it short so he wouldn't miss Blink's time, which she couldn't even seem to follow herself.

It was like speaking of the devil. All in the span of a few seconds Justin heard the thundering of shoes down the concrete and then saw a blur. The sight of Blink running was truly astounding and instantly Justin understood exactly why she was assigned the name she was. It was as if he blinked, he would miss her all together, including the mass of chocolate curls that furled behind her as she ran. Only stopping for a second, she turned to face the golden haired boy. "Grab your shit and lets go!"

Snatching his bag full of the upcoming weeks clothes from the ground, he slung it over his shoulder and was off. Luckily his endurance was up to par due to being the soccer captain back home because there was no slacking with Blink. He was so busy drinking in the sight of her long legs, he didn't even notice the pile of clothes in her hands until she began throwing them over her shoulder piece by piece.