052

Hitting the red 'end' button, Blink shoved the sleek phone into Justin's hand before she pushed out of his arms and made her way over to the door

Not caring a bit about the clamor she made on her way there, she kicked anything out of her way as she made it to the door's golden handle. Successfully locking it, she let out an unnerved breath before she sunk to the floor.

Wiping under her red eyes hastily, she watched as Justin moved towards her. When he was sat in front of her, gripping onto one of her hands where he began to pick at her chipped nail polish, there was a clear understanding between them.

So, she began.

"Freshman year Rellik introduced me to his lifelong friend" she sighed, covering her face with her free hand before she continued. "Shane"

"He'd been in and out of juvie as a kid so he came later than the rest of us, towards the middle of freshman year. We were just friends at first. We'd smoke together, drink together and do other crazy shit. All three of us were inseparable."

She pulled her hand away from his then, bringing it to her mouth where she bit at her thumbnail as she decided her next words. "He was like Killer ya'know?" She was nodding, waiting for Justin to nod too, as if he was aware of the boy's personality.

Even when he nodded once, she was still slightly nodding as if to further convince herself. "He was like Killer. Not in the way he dressed or the way he acted...he was just bad. Maybe he wasn't like Killer... He was meaner"

Waving her hand she seemed to move on.

"By the end of freshman year we were dating and it was ok at first...he acted like typical Shane. I was used to the swearing and arguing and I even thought it was normal for us. Like how Killer and I always act like we're at each other's throats, right?"

Again, Justin nodded.

"Sometimes when Killer wasn't around though he would get pretty rough. It was stupid and I would brush it off, but then Caia started noticing. She started to see. She would say he was gripping my hand too tight or pulling me around too much"

She looked at him then.

"I didn't mind it. Really Justin, I didn't. That's just how he was" she paused again, her view on the ground now as her eyes surveyed back and forth.

"But Caia being Caia, she kept calling him out on it and Shane got pissed off. Sometimes it even got to the point where Killer couldn't stop him from going off. She pushed him too far I think" she looked up suddenly, her mouth opening and closing like a fish a few times before her next words. "I'm not blaming her, ok?"

She looked up fully then, her head tilting back against the wooden door as she thought back to the memories suppressed in the fine recesses of her mind. "After Rellik and him had a really bad hashing out, things quieted down for a while. He was nice enough and the three of us focused more on being friends rather than a couple and their friend—"