011

The next day went as Blink had previously predicted the night before

The next day went as Blink had previously predicted the night before. After Justin's look of utter rejection that had rocked her to her core, he ignored her entirely and even blew off her continuous lengths of an apology.

She tried trapping him before and after psych, in the cafeteria, multiple times in the hall, and her last attempt in the library when she stumbled upon him and Sarah and their heavy petting. 

God, she could gag at the image of the way one of Sarah's hands was wrapped around his neck, tightly gripping his hair as its force brought their lips together in a heated makeout session while the other hand ventured south. She remembered gasping in shock before she turned a corner out of their sight and walked straight out of the library. 

One thing everyone knew was that Blink never apologized, but she couldn't be mad at him for ignoring her. He was responding how anyone in this situation would. 

Even Rellik was a bit surprised as his female friend rushed into his dorm, not even bothering to knock or inform him of her entry before hand. 

As if it was routine, and maybe it was, Rellik immediately flipped the girl atop him over, using his broad shoulder to cover the bare chest of the girl that was currently riding him. 

"Jesus Blink, there's a thing called knocking" his teeth barred and the girl beneath him giggled breathlessly.

"I don't care if she stays and you guys continue to fuck or what, but I need you to hear me out." Blink sighed violently as she fell into the chair across from the panting couple. "It's about Justin—"

"And this couldn't wait?" Rellik chuckled as he gestured to the hot blonde beneath him known as Jessica Talbot, who was peering inquisitively with big blue eyes at Blink over the boy's shoulder. 

"Well, what would be the point of that?" Blink rolled her eyes as her hand clawed down her jeans. "By the time you pull out of her, you'll be right back in another one before she can even get her clothes back on"

Rellik's laugh was rich then, a laugh the girl beneath him had never heard since Blink was the only one to ever coax it out of him. His laugh was a type that was very contagious and soon both him and Blink were sputtering in laughter together despite the situation. Here she was now, seemingly ruining another 'makeout' session. She was on a roll today. 

Luckily Rellik's arm was long enough to reach down to the floor to grab his grey boxer briefs while he still had enough courtesy to cover the girl under him. With his underwear on and the girl now wearing his t-shirt, he wrapped an arm around her shoulders and pulled her to rest against his chest. 

"What do you want Blink? For Christ sake" he huffed. 

Blink watched as he attempted to slick back his hair. It was definitely a habit at this point, but now it seemed important as the activities he was previously engaged in really did mess up his hair. 

"Justin won't talk to me Killer" she sighed. She shifted then, her demeanor starting to crumble when her top teeth grasped her bottom lip and she began to wring her hands. 

"Trap him in a corner" his eyes were like slits at this point. "What did you do when Caia and you started fighting last year? What did you do when Carter took the fall for you last year and he wouldn't talk to you after?" 

"I broke into their dorms..." she mumbled. 

They sat in silence for minutes until the girl wrapped around Rellik began to move. Both Rellik and Blink watched as she lifted the covers and walked across the room, not worried a bit about how much ass she was showing as she bent down for the jeans Rellik shed before their adventure between the sheets. From the back pocket she removed an almost empty carton of cigarettes and then from the desk not too far from her reach, she grabbed a lighter. 

Lighting a single cigarette, she brought the stick to her lips, took a drag and successfully blew out a stream of chalky smoke. 

In a room so small, dodging the smoke was inevitable and soon Blink was breathing in heaven— her lungs expanding to their fullest potential. With both hands on her knees and her head lolled back, she chuckled. 

"Rellik" she spoke his real name for the first time in years. "Do you know how hard this is for me right now?" Her head finally lifted and as her pupils dilated to their max and her eyes were nearly black, Rellik scrambled to the edge of his bed. 

"You promised me if I quit, you would quit too." When Jessica blew another line of smoke, this time nearly blowing it right into Blink's face as she sauntered back towards Rellik's bed, Blink moaned in bliss. 

Jessica tried passing the stick off to Rellik, but when his hand quickly grabbed it and stubbed it out, she whined out in obvious protest. Then she was quickly pulled up by her wrist and shoved towards the door. Grabbing her wrinkled shirt and pants, Rellik made sure to stuff those in her arms too as he pushed her out of the room. 

She whined again, but a quick peck to the lips and one last shove and she was gasping at the door slamming in her face. 

"Blink I haven't been smoking" he lied easily as he grabbed a shirt from the floor and went to sit back at the edge of the bed in front of the brunette. 

"You're a fucking liar!" She raged as she flew from her seat, Rellik only half a second behind her as his fists balled. "You have me making a fool of myself, sitting here eating fucking licorice every goddamn day and all along you're smoking it up with all your girlfriends!" 

"If you think you look fucking stupid eating that shit, imagine me doing it!" He pounded a fist against his chest, his lips turning into a sneer to match hers. "I'd rather smoke than walk around all day looking like a pussy. And don't say shit about the fucking gum you got me" he managed to say when Blink's lips parted to speak. 

Walking over to the first drawer of his desk, he removed dozens and dozens of aluminum foil packets that held small white chiclet gum pieces. Shoving those into Blink's arms like he'd done with Jessica with her clothes, he growled. 

"This stuff tastes like shit" he breathed. 

"You're a piece of shit" she replied. 

As the two stood toe to toe, their chests rising and falling, and their glares locked, Blink dropped her arms. The sound of the dozens of packs of gum hurtling to the floor was an empty echo of all the time she'd wasted. An audible reminder of how you can only rely on yourself. How you can't expect anything from anyone. Not even the act of trying. 

"Three hundred and ninety-two dollars" she grit out. "I have barely a penny to my name, and yet I scrounged up three hundred and ninety-two dollars in the last year to get you that gum." 

Shoving him from her vicinity, she stomped her right foot on the multiple packs before kicking her foot, allowing the packets to go sliding across the floor and under his bed. 

"You can smoke all you want" she laughed, ignoring the growl she got from Rellik when she stabbed his chest where his heart lay. "One day your poor little ticker's gunna stop for good and no medicine or therapy is gunna stop it from happening this time."

Turning on her heels, she kicked another packet in her path before she gripped the doorknob and swung the door open, not caring when it hit the wall with force and split some of the drywall where the metal knob hit. 

"Blink—"  

"Go fuck yourself" she spat. 

Have a favorite character yet? Lemme know. Comment & Vote. xx