014

"Of course it is" she laughed a humorless laugh as she sank to her knees and began to search the corner of her room for a specific canvas

"Of course it is" she laughed a humorless laugh as she sank to her knees and began to search the corner of her room for a specific canvas. "What's wrong? Did she come crying to you after mod three, weeping about how I was mean to her and called her out on her family's issues?"

"Yes... N-No... I don't..." Justin scratched at the back of his neck as he watched the female crawl around for whatever she was looking for. 

"Dammit, spit it out. You sound like Rellik after good sex" she giggled, turning around to show Justin a small smile. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding"

Still Justin stood silent when Blink recovered the medium sized canvas she was looking for. Justin could recognize the outline of the painting that wasn't exactly finished, his eyebrows furrowing at the familiarity. 

"Sit down" Blink muttered, pulling the only chair in the room from the corner nearest to her bed, the black leather jacket that belonged to Rellik swinging back and forth from the movement. 

Complying, Justin sat back in the chair, his eyebrow raising in question when Blink sank to her knees and grasped both of his forearms. Turning his hands over so his palms faced up and laid open, she sat them on his thighs before she moved to grab paint and a few paint brushes. 

Humming to herself, Justin continued to watch as she stared down at the different array of paints. She picked up one, turned it to read the label, would shake her head, place it down, and repeat. After a few minutes of selecting the ones she wanted, she was back to kneeling in front of him. 

"What you said to her was terrible" he whispered, anything louder than that and he was sure it would ruin her focus. 

With her tongue poked out in concentration, Blink squeezed the throng of dark greys and blacks into a messy arrangement, her fingers even getting a few smears and smudges here and there. "Did she happen to tell you what she said back to me?" 

"Of course" he gave a single nod, his eyes widening in amazement as she dipped her brush in the darkest grey and began by painting a single line. 

"Well, you don't see me crying do you? I know what I said was mean and that was my purpose, but it wasn't anything that wasn't the truth." She shrugged, now moving her thin brush over to the splatter of black paint. "She just couldn't handle it. She can't handle her own reality, the difference between me and her, obviously. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to rattle her business off to anyone aside from her, but I'm not afraid of my past like she is"

In the short amount of time, the picture was beginning to take form. An angel here. A knight and castle there. And on the other side of the painting, an alien jester. "My parents weren't meant to be parents" she sighed deeply, looking up through her lashes. A sign to Justin that she was finally letting him in. 

"At first I think they saw something in me that wasn't really there; A prodigy, a million dollar child and when they realized I was anything but, poof, I was invisible."