008

It'd been two days since Justin saw Blink

It'd been two days since Justin saw Blink. Not that she disappeared, but more like he was avoiding her all week in hopes that he'd face her when his embarrassment died down. 

Nothing like that night had happened to him in a long time and he wasn't proud to admit that it happened that way. After a night of guzzling water bottles and throwing all the contents of his stomach up the next day and night, he swore to take it easy and not let a pretty face like Sarah influence him so greatly. 

He wanted to apologize to Carter and thank Blink for what they'd both done, but he didn't know how to do it. And Justin wasn't one to wander up to the group after being shot down so publicly. Like all things usual and being ignored, being rejected once was enough to get the message across to Justin. 

Deciding to skip psychology, the class he shared with Blink, it wasn't something he normally did, but Sarah had a free period and wanted to hang out. 

Slipping past room 127 where all his classmates sat, Justin neared the library where Sarah said they should meet, since she was finishing up a project last minute. 

"Hey cutie" she cheesed, leaning up from her slouched position to peck his lips. 

"I'll be done in like five minutes, do you mind running to the printer in the other library down the hall? The one in here broke a few days ago." She batted her eyelashes and pouted her bottom lip. 

Even without all the dramatics Justin would have complied. Someone asking him to do something was big to him— someone was noticing him, even if it was as simple as running errands. 

"Sure, I'll be back" He left his book bag by her chair as he made his way back out of the library doors. 

Taking a left down the hall, the other library was within eye sight and just before he could reach it, he was snatched from his right side and thrown against the set of black lockers. 

With white knuckles grasping the collar of his maroon hoodie, Justin gasped as the precious oxygen was knocked out of his lungs and his eyes squeezed closed for a brief second. He couldn't mistake the brooding eyes of Rellik as the boy grit his teeth and pulled harder on Justin's hoodie to grasp his attention. 

"What?" Justin grew angry suddenly. "I haven't been near Blink at all"

That was partly a lie. He'd been dodging her all week, but he couldn't help that she'd helped him Monday evening. He was unconscious when she arrived and faded when she was present. Next thing he knew, he was soaking wet and regretful. 

"I don't believe a fucking thing that flies out of your mouth" Rellik rasped, finally letting go of Justin when a teacher walked by and suspiciously eyed the two. Rellik got into enough trouble on his own, he didn't need a punk like Justin causing him more.

"She's been acting weird since Monday night and I know it has something to do with you" Rellik's teeth barred causing Justin's jaw to tighten. 

Completely forgetting about Sarah's request, Justin began his descent down the hall with Rellik hot on his heels.