043

After countless hours of wandering around the mall and indulging in a bit of window shopping, something she hadn't done in years, Blink was surprised to think she actually enjoyed it

Now as the mall hours were dwindling down and the younger teenagers began to increase in crowds, Blink made her way towards the only payphone she was sure existed in the twenty-first century.

Licking her lips, she thanked whoever left a stack of random change on the top of the machine. Hastily picking up two quarters, she entered them into the coin slot before unzipping the silver zipper of her bomber jacket.

Growling at the persistent beep of the phone which threatened to swallow her money and not service her in return, Blink reached into the shallowest pocket of her jacket to retrieve the torn piece of notepaper.

Looking down at the messy left-handed scrawl, she used the pad of her thumb to quickly punch in the ten digit number.

She counted five rings and before the sixth could ring completely, the line was picked up and she could hear the steady breathing on the other side.

"Hello?" It was male.

"I need you to pick me up" she sighed dramatically as she slammed her back against the metal of the side of the machine. Sliding down the cool metal, her butt met the mall floor and luckily the chord could reach that far.

"Blink?" He questioned.

"Mhm"

"Where are you?" She heard shuffling from the other side and could only assume he was already getting up to rush to her aid despite not having a single clue as to where she was.

"Uh..." She blew back the shreds of her bangs to glance at the space around her. There were loud teenagers dancing to music booming from their phones, laughing when someone did a stupid dance move. Others were sipping on fountain drinks from the nearby bustling foodcourt and many had their arms stuffed to the brink with bags from expensive stores. "The mall"

His chuckle was haughty and completely mocking. "That sums it up, I know exactly where you are."

"I guess LA does have a lot of malls, huh?" 

Biting the edge of her thumb nail, she looked around the hall adorned with dozens of stores, searching particularly for the name of the mall. Looking up, she let out a small cheer when she noticed a clear tray hosting a stack of papers that illustrated a layout of the large five story mall. "The Beverly Center"

"See you in ten?" She could hear the revving of an engine over his question.

"Sure thing"

x x x x x x x 

"How is it that you need my help and you've only been here literally one day?" The boy laughed.

"I don't need your help" Blink scoffed, rolling down the window of the fancy car that she didn't know the name of.