068

It was two nights later, purely to avoid suspicion

Both boys sauntered in, side by side and in perfect stride with one another.

Justin sported a black tailored suit, his hair gelled to perfection and his counterpart in ripped jeans and an army green hoodie. They'd argued earlier about Shane obviously standing out, but the boy only refused, saying that the way he dressed wouldn't stop him from getting what he wanted. He'd argued back that Carlo would recognize Justin and he'd be the one to mess this all up instead.

Shane's eyes were on target, that anger that he had a hard time controlling merely lolling at the surface. Justin's golden orbs, in comparison, scanned the area. He spotted her immediately, her straightened hair falling to her lower back and her lack of clothing— a matching red set.

The two were let in later than the rest, the night nearly over when they showed up at the front door offering a deal they knew would get them in.

Carlo was sitting in the same booth as he always sat, all his men surrounding him, including Jack and Paul. His presence was requested and to their contentment there he sat.

They approached him quickly, giving each other one last look.

Both sat on the end of the circular booth left empty for them.

Carlo laughed immediately. "This is it, Chris?" He gestured to the two in front of him. "You say men are here for a deal and offer up two boys."

Justin sighed in relief that Carlo hadn't remembered him.

His laughter continued as he gestured to Shane's wear who was signaling to one of the girls for a drink. Even when Justin declined, Shane ordered two whiskey's, nudging Justin as he looked around in wonder.

"He's dressed like my kid"

"Tell me about it," Justin sighed, glaring at Blink's distracted ex. "I'm a by-the-book type of guy... he's into freewheeling"

"What do you want?" Jack was to the point.

"We want one of your girls," Shane sat forward, his mission on causing the serious one across from him some annoyance as he wiggled his eyebrows in suggestion.

Carlo laughed some more, "You want one of our girls?"

"Who wouldn't?" Shane grinned, accepting his drink from a raven haired girl. He held up a hand, halting her movements. Digging into his pocket, he pulled out a fifty dollar bill. She accepted it without hesitation, only a momentary distraction to the group.

"And can I ask how you heard about us? We're rather private... exclusive to the area."

"Online"

Shane was doing all of the talking and Justin knew he wouldn't be able to stop him. And despite Justin's suit and tie and all-around professional aura, Carlo seemed to be interested in his partner.

"Online?" Paul questioned. "We move by word of mouth. That's it"

"I hack," Shane nodded, adding the charade of typing on a computer. "You old geezers know what that is, am I right?"

Jack's jaw was clenching, sure enough to break his teeth and Justin couldn't believe when Carlo cackled like a fucking hyena. He motioned for Shane to continue.

"I stumbled upon your transactions a couple days ago. Was interested in how large they were. Then asked around and found out what you were about"

"You stumbled?" Paul wasn't convinced.

"No, not stumbled. I was deep in the black market. I guess there's no stumbling into that is there Jack?" He sipped at his drink, winking at the frowning man.

"How in the hell do you know my name?"

Shane reached into his hoodie pocket, his middle and pointer finger holding a thin card made of plastic like a smoker does a cigarette. "You dropped this earlier, bud"

He laughed as the man stood to snatch his ID. Like any other man, he'd last had it lodged in his wallet which, upon searching, was still in his front pocket. His eyes were like fire when he looked up at the boy.

Carlo clapped his hands once before pointing. "This kid is fucking gold!"

Carlo demanded another round of drinks, Shane happily accepting and Justin watching the scene in astonishment. Shane was working this man like an old friend, clinking drinks with him and discussing ludicrous things for the next thirty minutes.

"About this deal," Justin looked to his watch to show how impatient he was getting. For the first time all night, Jack sighed in agreement.

"Right, the deal" Shane looked down at his four empty glasses, then over to Justin's four full ones and then to Carlo. "I'll finish telling you later how the horse ended up in the middle of the mall"

"We want one of your girls" Justin hadn't even allowed Shane to finish.

"You mentioned this. We've never really sold any of our girls off unless she's too much trouble. Do you have any idea what you two are interested in?"

Both looked around, putting on the act of trailing each girl before they nodded.

"That one," Justin pointed to Blink, who was busy sitting on someones lap.

"The blonde" Shane answered simultaneously.

Justin scowled in his direction. Shane cheesed, his gaze sliding to Carlo. "He's right. The brunette is way hotter"

"Blink" Carlo's smile dropped immediately. Even Jack growled.

"Out of all these girls here, you want that? I'll tell you now, she's trouble. Never following rules and acting out"

Never mind the fact that she wasn't really up for sale or his to sell at all.

"Sounds like my kind of girl." Shane's voice was void of humor as the entire table glanced in her direction. She was in middle of standing up, her hand extending to pull her tray off the table at her knees when the guy behind her grabbed harshly at her ass.

Shane growled and Justin swallowed thickly, his head turning to Carlo and his men hurriedly.

"I don't hear any objections. We'll start at two"

Everyone burst into laughter, even Jack chuckled as he looked at Justin. "Two thousand?"

"She makes more than that in one night here" Paul looked to Justin before chuckling with Chris.

Shane nodded and Justin reached to his feet. He placed the briefcase that'd gone unnoticed flat onto the table, its handle facing the laughing men on the other side. Releasing both latches and lifting the top, the laughter soon dried up as they spotted the crisp hundred dollar bills.

"Two million" Justin reiterated.

"Sorry for the confusion" Shane added, snickering now at their stunned faces.

Carlo pulled on the lapels of his suit jacket as he sat forward. If Shane wasn't so serious at a time like this, so close to getting what they wanted, he'd joke that Carlo looked like a drooling baby.

"Jack get the girl, tell her to get her things. Put someone else on her table"

Gotta love them lol. They make for a crazy pair. 

Tell me what you think as the next chapter is the last :(

Don't be afraid to comment and vote xxx

p.s. - To clear it up, the two million covers the debt Blink would've continued to owe. "Buying" her is a trade of sorts since Justin and Shane aren't necessarily supposed to know of such a thing