059

"Don't touch him!" Blink raged, throwing the hoodie in her hand to her half packed bag as she turned to the three strangely attractive guys behind her

Justin rested against the doorjamb, his dark eyes trained on Blink and her every move; her every glare, deep sigh, or huff of annoyance. He'd been fairly silent since she announced that she was officially leaving, not even entertaining or arguing Shane's obvious insults.

Having slept close to none, all of them witnessed the sun rise and not too long after did Killer make an appearance. He'd rushed his ticket, requesting a flight way earlier than his original. Blink was happy he had done that. She was seeing him now before she took off for God knows how long, and she knew he'd be less than happy if he didn't see her off.

Upon seeing Shane, his eyes saw red. His jaw was permanently locked and despite his hair being a little longer than a buzzcut now, his hand still ran stiffly through his hair. Merely a habit, Justin guessed.

Now, Shane and him weren't far from fighting. If Justin had been mad, Rellik was livid. Shane had been seconds away from grabbing Blink's best friend's collar. An action that would not have passed as acceptable to Rellik, especially after being in Italy for two weeks. His adrenaline and temperament were through the roof.

"Do you always have to defend his honor?" Shane mocked. "Why don't you let him be a man for once?"

She resumed her crouched position, her focus on gathering as much clean clothes as possible. She figured that was the most important thing. Sure she was leaving behind all of her art supplies that cost predictably thousands of dollars summed together, but it would only slow her down if she tried dragging it around too.

"He's more of a man than you'll ever be"

"Watch your fucking mouth" Shane shot daggers at her back.

"Go fuck yourself"

"Well, aren't you getting bold." Shane laughed lowly, his feet moving towards her. "Weren't you nearly pissing yourself a few hours ago at the sight of me?"

"I still don't want you anywhere near me." She pushed at his chest to increase his distance, but his sudden grip on each of her wrists brought her to his chest with as much force as she had exerted into pushing.

She hesitated, her lips halting as she breathed deeply. She didn't know if she needed the breath from the feeling of fear consuming her or frustration from Shane's ever-present persistence. She leaned towards the latter, knowing that both Rellik and Justin wouldn't let him do a thing. "I don't appreciate you coming in here, harassing me, assaulting Justin, acting like what happened didn't happen" she spat out through barred teeth.

"Blink, Baby—"

"Do you remember that summer we spent in the Hamptons?" She interrupted him quickly. "We were busboys at one of the restaurants on the marina. Laughed at everything those snobby assholes did." Shane's eyes seemed to soften as the memories flickered through his mind like an old film.

"What about it?" He pulled her closer, her teeth gritting harder as he did so.

"They taught us how to earn better tips. Be cordial, smile, be fucking polite" her voice was rough on the last one. "You think after all these years you could act civil in a small group of people"

Her eyes flashed to the boys behind them and when Shane growled, she laughed, not caring when he released her with enough force to send her flying to the ground.

"Stop throwing her around like she's a goddamn toy" Rellik sighed out. He looked tired and a bit distraught at what he had arrived to.

"Kiss her ass anymore than that Rellik and you might finally get her into bed like you've always wanted"

"You're such a dick" "You're disgusting" Both Rellik and Blink exclaimed simultaneously.

Shane did always have a sick fascination with the thought of Rellik having a crush on her when they were together. It made no sense to him why else a guy like Rellik followed her around and held onto her every word like it was the word of God.

"Why are you leaving this time Blink? Where are you gunna go? Why are you making it seem different from all the other times?"

"Are you finally questioning her?" Shane laughed to taunt the boy. "Four years of friendship and you following her with your tail between your legs and now that you see she's bailing, you finally ask questions?"

Blink continued folding her clothes as she cursed her ex under her breath. "Why does everything that spews from your mouth have to be such bullshit? Stop instigating all the damn time."

"Are you speaking for him again?" Shane rolled his eyes. "No wonder he never speaks"

Blink only flipped him off over her shoulder in reply.

"He's pathetic"

"If he's pathetic, I'm afraid to find out what you are." Blink laughed when Shane started in her direction, only for him to be pulled back roughly by Rellik. The boy with a mere buzzcut, threw him to the ground and landed a solid kick to his side.

Shane took it like a champ. His face faltering for only a second and a few rounds of coughing before he smiled up at Blink.

"Don't think you're the smartest one out of us all. Go on and tell him why you're disappearing like you always do." The boy rolled to his side, his view fixated on Rellik now as he spoke, "For good this time huh?"

Shane took Rellik's punch to his jaw easily. Laughing at him still as he pulled himself from the ground and onto his feet. For Shane, the longer he fought, the easier it was to take hits. Rellik's few hits were like nothing.

"Violence doesn't solve everything babe" Shane spoke as he flexed his hand, inspecting his bloody knuckles from before as he raised a brow to his old friend. Somehow, Justin knew Shane didn't quite believe that.

"Killer," Blink sighed, snapping her fingers when he looked ready to hit Shane again. He was moving towards her in an instant to make their conversation a little more private.

"I'm leaving because there are things catching up to me"

She cut him off quickly when his eyebrows crinkled in concern and he opened his mouth to fire off a round of questions.

"It's nothing. I just have to focus on work, not school... although I never really did" she cheesed.

"With him?"

"Kill me" she pulled the trigger to the finger-gun at her temple.

They both laughed quietly to the other, completely aware of Shane listening in. He only picked up one of the two ounce acrylic paint bottles on her floor and chuckled it towards them. It smacked Rellik right in the back, a sort of shield for Blink who only laughed a bit harder.

Justin only watched, his eyes snapping to all of them as they continued to fight and insult each other. His eyes tended to stray longer on Blink and whenever she briefly looked at him too, he could see the remorse leveled plainly in her emerald eyes.

Had to write a bit more for this chapter since it was originally nearly half the length. Sorry for filling it with their stupid banter, but it shows a bit of the friend group's old dynamic. 

See ya next week!

xx