Chapter 1: I can feel the pressure

*Hayley's POV*

I was sitting in my bunk, listening to the NSNYC playlist on my ipod when my curtain was suddenly pushed open. Kneeling in front of me was my boyfriend Josh, someone I didn't want to talk to at the moment. I sighed, looking at him in disgust.

"Whatcha doin'?" Josh said in a tone of fake interest.

"Listening to music...in private, and I want it to stay that way." I said a little rudely, then pulled my curtain closed.

"Bitch" I heard Josh mumble as he walked away, into the back area of the bus. Probably to write a song about how horrible I am.

He could be so evil sometimes. Everything is always my fault. No matter what he did in the situation, he's always right, and I'm wrong. I can't take it anymore, but if we were to break up, I have no idea what would happen with the band. We were already hanging by a thread, since we just lost our second rhythm guitarist in the past three years.

I heard Josh pick up his guitar in the back room, and I put my headphones back in, wanting to drown out the sounds of his frustration. I couldn't blame him for being pissed at me. I've been depressed for a week now ever since Josh and Jeremy had a huge blow out fight over Jeremy's lack of work ethic. Josh even told Jeremy that after this tour was over next week, that he should not even think about coming to practice and that he was kicked out. I cried myself to sleep that night. Jeremy was my best friend, he was the only one on my side in the band anymore. I don't think I could stay in the band if he wasn't here. I'd been trying to avoid Josh as much as possible on this cramped bus since the blow out. However, the more I tried to avoid him, the more he became a pain in the ass.

Last night, he crawled into my bed wanting to cuddle. I laid there motionless, wide awake the entire night debating whether or not to push him out of the bunk. For the sake of the band, I decided that it would not be wise at about four in the morning.

I couldn't help but look forward to next week when the tour was over. This was a first for me, I usually enjoyed being on tour and seeing all of our fans around the world while sight seeing. I was honestly embarrassed that I could even think about wanting the tour over. It was evident on stage that my heart was not in it anymore. I wasn't running around as much, and I wasn't singing my heart out as much either. I avoided getting off the bus, not wanting to socialize with anybody.

There was a knock on the frame of my bunk, bringing me back to reality. I pulled the headphones out of my ears, and pushed the curtain open. In front of me, I saw a pair of long legs, half covered with a pair of red shorts. I peeked out of my bunk to see who's face matched the legs. Jeremy. I instantly lit up with a smile. He nudged me aside as he sat down next to me.

"Hey Hayles" He said, rubbing his fist in my hair.

I leaned away from him and giggled. "My hairrr" I whined.

"Did I mess it up?" He asked concern in his voice, a grin on his face.

"Not at all." I said sternly, giving him a death glare.

He laughed and pulled me into him. "Good" He said simply, pulling me down until we were laying down. I put my arm on top of his chest, while his arm that was around my shoulder played with my hair.

It was getting late, almost 2am. I yawned and closed my eyes. "You're so comfy" I whispered. "Get some sleep Hay, don't forget we have an interview around 1." He said, stroking my head. I drifted off into unconsciousness, content that even though Josh was mad at me, I knew I still had Jeremy on my side.

*Josh's POV*

Ugh that girl can be such a bitch sometimes. I thought to myself. I saw Jeremy climb into her bunk, that douche bag, and then they both giggled. It infuriated me that they acted like that. I'm so glad that he's gone after next week.

After they quieted down, probably cuddling and falling asleep, I put my guitar back on the stand and grabbed my pajamas off my bunk and headed to the bathroom to change. I contemplated heading to Hayley's bunk to kick Jeremy out, but in all honesty I was too tired to give a fuck anymore.

After I walked out of the bathroom, I climbed into my bunk which was right above Hayley's. I made sure to step on Jeremy's outstreched arm on the way. Hearing a grunt, I smiled. I got comfortable in bed, falling asleep to the quiet breaths of Hayley, Jeremy, and my brother Zac who was in the bunk across from me. I slept peacefully, hoping that tomorrow would have a better ending than today.